LaunchBox Community Forums

I love the default theme

The Star Ratings are what you'd set it to anyways. They don't pull that information from the Database, at least yet. So even if they were there, right now it wouldn't be community ratings, it would just show what you've set. This has been requested several times though. I am sure there is a BitBucket ticket for it if you'd like to vote on it.

7 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

The Star Ratings are what you'd set it to anyways. They don't pull that information from the Database, at least yet. So even if they were there, right now it wouldn't be community ratings, it would just show what you've set. This has been requested several times though. I am sure there is a BitBucket ticket for it if you'd like to vote on it.

Thanks Brad. I guess what I mean is how can I get my local star ratings to display in the default view? I could make a custom theme and enable that I presume. Some custom themes display my local star ratings in some views. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have Premium/BB yet... which is the default theme? I have a 4:3 monitor and finding out now that many themes aren't very 4:3 friendly, but that the default one should work fine. Not sure which theme is default though, so many show up when searching Google. 

I messaged in (contact us, not forum) and response was

"Most themes unfortunately are not going to be very 4:3 friendly, though there are a few themes that are built specifically for 4:3. The default theme does work fine with 4:3. Unfortunately, there is now way to filter 4:3 themes, other than searching for them on the forums."

... which was disheartening. Didn't even think of themes and compatibility  when I grabbed the monitor... figured 99% of my games are 4:3, so get a cheap 4:3 monitor and not have black bars on the sides all the time.  :) 

Edited by THRobinson

16 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

There was a theme with two versions, and one was 4:3. I could have sworn it was there not too long ago... Maybe @CriticalCid knows if any others are 4:3 friendly.

I just looked over all themes in the download section and found these two for 4:3 resolutions:

There may be more that I have overlooked so feel to check them out yourself. The theme descriptions are normally state pretty clear for what aspect ratios / resolutions the themes were developed/tested.

And yes, the video that you have linked is the Default theme ;)

That's what I was hoping... I like the 'wheel' effect... I played around with the RetroPie for a while and it's fine, probably make a mini-console for my niece, but the default theme was very boring I found. I know it's supposed to be about the games, but, if doing a full sized arcade machine, I wants flashing lights and sound effects, the whole 9 yards. 

Then again, I went to school for graphic design... if not too technical for making themes, maybe I should just make my own. 

Sigh... more research.

Edited by THRobinson

True, but I haven't gotten Premium yet... still testing between a few front-ends to see what I like better.

So far LB is the easiest to figure out and lots of how-to vids, but half the 'want' for this build is to have something that looks really cool, which is why I'm a bit concerned about themes. Hate to pay for premium and not like anything. :)