LaunchBox Community Forums

knightCrawler

You could always use the Windows search features to find just the roms extensions and then copy all of them out of the folders and do the same to the ROMs and jettison the folders all together if you wanted to edit the ROM names and not the folder names

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I second bulk rename utility, you can just tell it to take off a certain number of characters at the beginning or end of a file name, and you can do that to a whole folder in one go.

How do I get it?  I I guess If I want to rename 0 to 99 I have to tell software to remove 2 characters but once I get into the 100's I have to tell the software to remove 3 characters!!!  The roms are not in different folder and they all have the same extension so removing by extention will not work for me.

It's been a long time since i had to do it, but i remember doing it all in one go with the DS roms. You could always do the remove two to get rid of 1-99, then remove one on those files again to remove 100-999 then remove one again to do 1000-9999.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...