LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox won't launch games

P1R4NH4C0N

Ok, I'm new.  I love all the features for launchbox so I bought the premium launchbox.  I'm having an issue that I can't figure out.  I've searched all over the net and found similar issues but none of the solutions work. 

Here it is :

I go to play a game and it doesn't play. Launchbox will minimize and start the emulator but it won't start the game. I can load the game manually and all is well and working. 

It did this when I had retroarch installed and now it's doing it with Kega fusion.  All the games and all the systems are doing this.  Sega CD games load  the emulator and play the cd-rom screen for Kega. 32x games load the emulator but it just displays the Sega start up screen.  Same with game gear, loads the emulator but not the game. 

I iterate, all the games work flawlessly outside of launchbox with Kega fusion.  Even when launchbox loads the emulator I can rt click inside Kega and manually load the rom and it works. 

I don't know what's happening here, all the files and bios are in the right place.  I know it's something simple that's causing this but I can't figure it out.  Please help. 

I included pics of the emulator settings in launchbox. 

20170616_135836-1.jpg

20170616_135811-1.jpg

I watched one that I used to set it all up.  It gave me the -auto -fullscreen information.  It stated that if I didn't put those where I did that it wouldn't work. 

I found another tutorial that had the %file in the command so I added that to get to get it to work. 

I couldn't find those first two tutorials cause I've been at this over a week trying to figure it out. 

But I have this link, which gave me the individual console command lines

Ahh ok. Some of those command line parameters may work but the %file one really threw me off, usually it has a second % so its %file% and that part is handled automatically by Launchbox already.

I'm glad what I told you to do works for you though. I have Fusion setup and working but I don't use it since I use Retroarch with the GenesisGX which for me is the better way to emulate all those systems minus the 32X because it doesn't emulate that at all. For the 32X I use Retroarchs Pico core which gets the job done.

All you would probably need is to uncheck all those boxes in the emulator details window and in the associated platforms command line remove the %file.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Aafneto said:

i am having problem with atari 2600... wont lanuch the game.. :/ 

image.thumb.png.acfcb6ae91afa00dfa1ba2135f78f08d.pngimage.thumb.png.7e6e856fd1c49dd5fe55598af2a55d3d.png

the games are from "no intro".. and stay .zip files.. 

Stella does not support zip, so you need to either unzip them, or check the box on your second screenshot to "Extract Rom Archives Before Running" that will however be for all games you run in Retroarch.

image.thumb.png.8f8425351402ace179d732a6f099058b.png

20 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Stella does not support zip, so you need to either unzip them, or check the box on your second screenshot to "Extract Rom Archives Before Running" that will however be for all games you run in Retroarch.

image.thumb.png.8f8425351402ace179d732a6f099058b.png

this is strange.. because.. yesterday was working... but... i extract the files like u said... but still no working..  when i try run the game... just dont open the retroarch :/ 

with other cores its working... :/

ps1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3cgPzIJHAw at this video.. they use the files in .zip :/

Edited by Aafneto

11 minutes ago, Mr.Laor said:

Actually, you can also add Another emulator entry (same emu-retroarch / diff title- retroa-stella) and point to the same exe. Then with this entry check off extract roms

even if the roms is already extracted?!? because.. what i see.. is the CORE STELLA.. isnt runnig?! (and i dont know why.. cause a few days ago... was runnig (need format my computer and stop launch the retro..).. :/ 

so... for now i will let the stela2014 :/ unless you guys have other solution :)