LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 2 not saving nvram

a_netanel

I noticed that each time I start a Sega Model 2 game I need to change the machine settings again. For example changing the machine type from "master" to "single" etc.

Did some digging and apparently the AutoHotKey script for this emulator maps the Esc key to a Process Close command, which causes the emulator to be killed and not save the file.

I changed the script to close the emulator gracefully, like so:

WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

So, far it seems to work just as well, and the file is being saved.

I opened an issue for that (https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3123/sega-model-2-emulator-ahk-script-fix) but thought I'll write it here too for any one having the same problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/17/2017 at 8:27 PM, a_netanel said:

I noticed that each time I start a Sega Model 2 game I need to change the machine settings again. For example changing the machine type from "master" to "single" etc.

Did some digging and apparently the AutoHotKey script for this emulator maps the Esc key to a Process Close command, which causes the emulator to be killed and not save the file.

I opened an issue for that (https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3123/sega-model-2-emulator-ahk-script-fix) but thought I'll write it here too for any one having the same problem.

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I've been using this emulator for longer than I care to remember and the exit without saving to nvram thing always bothered me.

Why wasn't it added to launchbox as a default!?

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2017 at 12:27 PM, a_netanel said:

Thank you. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic but it would be remiss of me not to say a big thank you for posting this.

I can now finally save my high scores in Sega Rally. And, hopefully, one day, knock "Poo" off the top spot!!