LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox crashes on latest windows update HELP..

davemk

26 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

I suggest reinstalling the latest official build over top of your install. It "should" fix your problem. Betas are just that beta and can be problematic.

Tried that, sadly didn't work, its the second I select a game it just suddenly crashes.. 

Hmm something strange is going on then.

Did you your Windows update recently ? It could be possible your .NET 4.7 install borked something (the latest beta installs it), your Visual C might have gotten borked if your Windows updated and if you are using the Creators Update people have reported problems requiring video card driver reinstalls. 

I am just guessing here because it is really weird that your Launchbox loads but it's crashing when you try and start a game. Hopefully someone else who may has a proper solution can chime in here.

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Hmm something strange is going on then.

Did you your Windows update recently ? It could be possible your .NET 4.7 install borked something (the latest beta installs it), your Visual C might have gotten borked if your Windows updated and if you are using the Creators Update people have reported problems requiring video card driver reinstalls. 

I am just guessing here because it is really weird that your Launchbox loads but it's crashing when you try and start a game. Hopefully someone else who may has a proper solution can chime in here.

Yeah it updated a few hours ago, been reading the forums seems the Creators update is causing issues for some with launchbox/ bigbox.

will try graphics card drivers, visual etc., Will have to roll back update otherwise but a worry as eventually Microsoft will force you to update to this version..

Thanks for help anyhow @lordmonkus much appreciated, will update if I have luck or a random solution.

42 minutes ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

Reinstall Direct X 9, and .NET runtimes. I had to do it even though it said they were installed. Fixed it right up.

Well I'm unsure what it was but problem fixed, I'm sure for me it was either the graphics card drivers which I completely reinstalled or the Direct x9 reinstall.

Visual C+ was defiantly not an issue as removing/reinstalling/restarting did not make a difference.

Either way it is fixed, wish I could narrow it down to one thing but if anyone else reads this and is having problems then it is a combination of those things and is fixable.

Thanks to all that helped, glad I didn't have to roll back update or worst case scenario fresh install of Windows.  

Lets say it can screw up a few dependencies along the way but I wouldn't call it a common occurrence or anything as all my Windows 10 PCs successfully updated to the CU without causing any issues to LB/BB or any other programs that I'm aware of.