LaunchBox Community Forums

Rom File Name Cleanup?

tprivitor

So, I was wondering if I should go through my rom files and clean up the names. I have a lot of roms with country codes and other codes added in the title and I think it's affecting the metadata and organization of the files. this also makes it look cluttered on the screen (see attached)

An example is a file like this::  Andre Agassi Tennis (JE) (REV 01) [c][!].bin

Should I go through and delete the (JE) (REV 01) [C][!] parts to help organize and clean up the titles of these games and if so is there an easier way than going through 2k titles 1 by 1 and renaming.

clutter.png

Also, anything in brackets doesn't effect scraping what so ever. They're ignored when grabbing the name. The name, when you edit a game, still shows just the name. Those tags are used by LaunchBox though, for various things, the biggest being Audit. The Audit will pull some extra info about your games if the version field has anything in it.