LaunchBox Community Forums

No Video on Platforms or Themes

GuroDragon

Neither Video for Platforms or Themes is working on Launchbox (version 7.10)

1-Set Video playback engine to VLC

2-scrolled through ever view mode in bigbox

3-Made sure platform videos are in the correct folder and connected through Tools>Manage Platforms

4- Made sure the theme folder is correctly named and in the correct location.

5- Under options>videos the platform videos have been selected and unselected.

6-Favorite games have turned on and off.

Did I miss something?

Edited by GuroDragon

If you are trying to switch the theme you need to go to options/views, highlight the current theme and hit your confirm button to cycle through the currently installed themes, have you done that? Also what theme are you trying to use? Not all themes support videos, and ones that do may only support them in certain views.

@neil9000

The theme I am trying is cityhunter.

I selected the theme and confirmed, the theme and fonts work just no video.

I when to opinions and tried ever view, also scrolled through them with the quick key I assigned.

Maybe there is something missing or corrupt?

Edited by GuroDragon

@DOS76

I just copied my entire luanch box folder to a flash drive and everything works GREAT as is!

But videos do not work in its original location, everything works except the video.

By path to launchbox is "G:\Emulators & Roms\# Front end\LaunchBox"

Edited by GuroDragon

Sorry i didn't get back to you last night, i was tired and went to bed early. Well that is really weird, i can't say i have ever seen anyone have that issue before. I think it might be worth tagging @Jason Carr here so he can have a look as it may not be limited to the ampersand symbol. I'm glad it's all working for you now though. :) 

Well now I'm not sure it was the ampersand as he has edited what he typed in since I made my response and his paths now show the ampersand in both the working and non working scenarios so looks like the hashtag was the issue now.

Hey Guys,

@DOS76 @neil9000 The only thing I changed was the ampersand in the file path. I was on a phone and made some typos hence why you see my comment edits. Hopefully this thread will help someone else or the development team.

@neil9000 No worries on the speed of you commenting, Launchbox easily has some of the best support I have ever gotten especially for what is basically freeware.

Edited by GuroDragon

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 7thHanyou said:

I can't get videos working and I don't have any special symbols in the path.

Any word on what else might cause this?

Where are your videos located? What theme are you using and what view within that theme as not all support video's, are you using VLC or WMP? Have you tried going to options/videos and checking/unchecking background platform and game video's?

12 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Where are your videos located? What theme are you using and what view within that theme as not all support video's, are you using VLC or WMP? Have you tried going to options/videos and checking/unchecking background platform and game video's?

It was my own fault--the videos were not named consistently with my platform names.  Stupid mistake.

• 3 years later...