LaunchBox Community Forums

WELL! WHO'S DELETING ALL THE SUPER NES FANART

Freestate

I haven’t moderated for a while and don’t know what and why they were deleted but maybe they were against the guidelines?

Check point 11 and see if any of that fits to the deleted images.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wB80CH3zecXccfQ4Et8NxYa-G1bQuo7eo1YHvkYQ728/edit

I’ve deleted quite a few background images myself in the past and for most of the time it was because they weren’t directly related to the game itself or broke the real life photography rule. For example like a generic picture of a real basketball for a basketball game, a picture from a different game of the same series, the picture didn’t represent the era of the game where it was released like for example an generic image with a modern 3D Mario in it for a NES/SNES Mario game, etc.

• Like 2

I think is mostly because deleting duplicates. And in some cases totally arbitrary because i put art very carefully using consistent art, mostly original and when is related i search the connection the very close i could get. Real life photography is not allowed as it is, but fanart creations with real image are valid. For example i've upload recently a art of a Toyota Supra Mk.IV for the game GT Racing of snes, but the game have the same real life model in the front cover and it's one of the licensed cars that appears in the game.

But i've detected deleted art from dr. franken (i spend hours to find SOMETHING about this game until i find a fan drawing, and NOW it's deleted. And a good montage on 7th saga using all the character portraits
(original art) from the manual. I've spend 2 hours to find the good quality scans, cut, edit, arrange to make it. And now it's gone. UFFFF. Please check the duplication deletions.

And art of bubsy I and II is deleted too, i have to reupload.

Edited by Freestate

6 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I’ve deleted quite a few background images myself in the past and for most of the time it was because they weren’t directly related to the game itself or broke the real life photography rule. For example like a generic picture of a real basketball for a basketball game, a picture from a different game of the same series, the picture didn’t represent the era of the game where it was released like for example an generic image with a modern 3D Mario in it for a NES/SNES Mario game, etc.

When is nearly imposible to find any classic art is valid to upload something related. If we have original art comes first.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

To be honest, I find the whole "fanart background" to be the least interesting image category, and I usually ignore it altogether.

I doing the best i can to give quality and be extensive in this category, i've upload hundreds of related art and search and compose many with official HQ art with the best quality i can. See this for example. All the images are upload by me.

http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/18247

Edited by Freestate