LaunchBox Community Forums

Does this support vertical cabinets with multiple displays?

eleveneleven

I have a VPCab Vertigo, which is excellent for vertical games and pinball games. However PinballX (the front end licensed and included with VPCabs) is great for auto-acquiring pinball media and displaying DMDs, and while it does support MAME media, it doesn't auto-collect the media.

I'd like to use LaunchBox instead but can it go vertical? Will it support DMDs for pinball games?

Not to sound like a hater (is that what the kids are saying nowadays?), if you are looking for decent pinball support, I would look elsewhere. Can you get pinball to work with Launchbox? Yes. Is it easy? No. Also, the database leaves much to be desired. You'll need to find and load all the media manually and there are no fields to display table authors or special art categories for back glass, DMDs, etc. But that's just my take on it.