LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching emulator and Logitech application profile

Cupanther

I am trying to use the Cannonball emulator for Out Run.  I have setup a profile in Logitech gaming software that detects when the Cannonball emulator is launched and switches the steering wheel profile for that game.  Everything works fine when I launch the cannonball emulator directly, but when I laugh it from launchbox, the logitech profiler does not change. I am using a logitech g29 steering wheel on a Windows 7 pc.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to configure launchbox differently for an emulator that is specific to one rom set and does not need to specify it in the command line?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Edited by Cupanther

Hmm, I have no experience doing this at all but if the Logitech profiler software autodetects when the software is loaded and switches to the appropriate profile outside of Launchbox it should in theory work through Launchbox. Launchbox afterall is just a fancy UI for shortcuts.

I don't know if the Logitech software supports loading a profile using the command line or not but if it does you could maybe use the Additional Apps feature in Launchbox to have the profiler software load the profile after launching the game.

Does launchbox add anything to the command so that the text string may not match what Logitech is looking for?  How should I launch a game that is just an application and not an emulator that requires a rom and still have it show up in the Arcade category?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...