LaunchBox Community Forums

Image Wheels on Left Have Stopped Loading ??!

liamb2001

Really hoping you guys can help me or at least tell me where i submit a support ticket.

Ive setup all my emulators and launchbox works fine but bigbox (which i paid for) has decided to stop loading the wheel graphics on the left hand side. I have tried everything i can think of to fix it (bar reinstalling the whole thing)

Woudl REALLY REALLY appreicate some support or advice in getting this resolved as ive spent weeks setting this up

You wont lose anything, all your folders will stay the same it will just reinstall the .exe and the dll's the program needs to run. Folders are not effected.

Edit: 

Also if that doesn't fix it you could try installing Launchbox to another location and copying all your folders to the new instal.

yeah it does it on all themes. It was all running smooth as silk. I can remember installing the amiga emulator last and all ran fine in big box as i showed by brother and all was fine then the day after i put it back in the arcade cab and turned it on to show my sons friend and it did this. I thought itd just need to redownload images cache or refresh so ive removed the amiga emulator and gone back to a 4 point backup, changed theme, nothing seems to fix it.

pc spec is an i5 with 8gb of ram, 128gb ssd and 3tb sata drive with a Radeon 270

Edited by liamb2001

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah i just watched the vid, and that's clearly not correct behaviour. Can i ask you if you have tried any other themes? Also at what resolution is your cabinet running at?

yeah its odd isnt it - as i said it was all running fine before that. I made a habit of installing one at a time, finishing all artwork, correct working roms and videos before checking in bigbox and moving onto next.

yes ive tried the default theme and layout they are all the same in regards to slow, buggy and intermittent in loading images.

The resolution of my arcade monitor is 1280x 720

1 minute ago, liamb2001 said:

i think there is around 11 thousand games

That might be a part of it, not saying it is the cause but it is a known issue that once you get to a certain point in library size it can cause some issues. The number does vary depending on the hardware running it.

I would suggest taking a look at the "Performance" thread I linked and see if any of the stuff in there can help you out.