LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not finding games that are in GamesDB

Ruthalas

I have several games that Launchbox cannot find metadata for, even though they do exist within the GamesDB.

Examples include Rime, Secret World Legends, Watch Dogs 2, and others.

These are in the database, and have not been recently added.

My client appears to be downloading the database updates without issue, and will happily provide me with their Wikipedia page as an option- but no GamesDB data.

Are there any troubleshooting steps I can take to determine what the issue is?

If not just a miss match, this is usually because of the way the file is named. Like are you importing launchers, or exes named weird? To fix it, just right click edit the game and at the top search for the right game name. Also, how is secret world legends?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have tried copy pasting the name directly from the GamesDB into that field before searching, still with no success.

Secret World Legends is good! They have really streamlined the questing system, and the ability tree rework is pretty slick as well.

I run into weird UI issues much less often than the previous version.

Sounds like the issue I have with LB, if a game already has an id number, be it a lb id or a wiki id it will not override the wiki id with the games from the DB. 

I suggest to never check the wiki information box on import, as the only way to undo any games that link with the wiki is to go threw them one at a time and remove the wiki id and link them to the db yourself.

Try deleting the ID if there is one and then reducing the game name to just a couple words of the name. That worked for me in the past as it will usually bring up a list of games with the partial name match.

Just for kicks I tested with Watch Dogs 2 by searching only "Watch" and the full list showed Watch Dogs 2 from the Launchbox Database. Issue is the game is listed as "Watch_Dogs 2". Searching for "Secret World" I was able to find the full game name from the DB as well. Rime no luck finding no matter what I did. 

• Thanks 1

yeah it can be a bit finky with rom naming conventions, you can just type the name in the box and search for that. It will link when you select the game from the db..

I started playing with this plugin today and it seems to work very well, it may be what you are after

it certainly speeds up the process