LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Hatari Core (Atari ST) Crashing Issue

Dreamwarrior77

@harryoke, I tried to configure Retroarch following what you said but no luck. I'm able to play with the Hatari standalone version so it's not a problem with the bios. Do we need need to configure the other paths in the hatari.cfg?

Is it better to use Retroarch or the standalone version with Launchbox?

Thanks

Funnily enough I have been spending a little bit of time tinkering with Atari ST emulation over the last couple of days and in the end I think the RA core is just broken and out of date. The stand alone version of Hatari and Steem are in much better shape and supports more disk image formats. I got the RA core to load .st format disks but it would not work with .ipf format which are the ones that come in the No-Intro set.

Steem and Hatari stand alone both support the 2 disk image types.

4 hours ago, Fablog said:

@harryoke, I tried to configure Retroarch following what you said but no luck. I'm able to play with the Hatari standalone version so it's not a problem with the bios. Do we need need to configure the other paths in the hatari.cfg?

Is it better to use Retroarch or the standalone version with Launchbox?

Thanks

The only path you need to configure is the one pointing to the location of your .tos image. @Lordmonkusis correct ,stand alone emu is much more stable , I will have a word with libretro and see if he can do something about the st core ,maybe it's just been abandoned?

• 3 weeks later...