LaunchBox Community Forums

Systems via MAME (i.e. Aamber Pegasus)

drhoemmal

Hello Community!

I cant find a tutorial, and uncle google want help me...so now you are my last help

my goal: starting Aamber Pegasus emulation via MAME.175
I have the system.rom for Aamber Pegasus in the rom folder
image.thumb.png.b1f83f115d0911b80f0456a475e44047.png

image.thumb.png.ef90ca8f77ee7a2fb805aad73312db22.png

image.thumb.png.5bce24c421718fbe622a56061cdd51f6.pngand the rom folder:

image.thumb.png.14203919f3cb37ea6b0ce41b3ebae406.png

but . nothing works.

thank you for you helpf

Hi @drhoemmal

Yes, leave that blank.

Emulating the Aamber Pegasus with MAME is broadly similar to any other supported cartridge system.

You need the bios (pegasus.zip) which goes in a location that MAME is aware of (usually the roms folder in MAME).

Next you need to add your new platform to MAME's Associated Platforms list.
Open your MAME Edit Emulator, Associated Platforms tab and add the name you've chosen for the platform, say Aamber Pegasus, to the Associated Platform field entries. And in the Default Command-Line Parameters field enter
pegasus -cart1

If you haven't already used LaunchBox to import your Aamber Pegasus games, then you can add the games manually (you only have a few games to do).
Select Game, Add, set the Platform field box to your chosen name, say Aamber Pegasus, and browse to the game in the Launcher tab, ROM File (Emulation is enabled) Box and save (OK). Repeat for your other games.

You should now have a platform in LaunchBox called Aamber Pegasus (or whatever you have named it) with your games ready to click and play using MAME.

• 8 months later...
38 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

yeah for systems that use a keyboard natively you have to hit scroll lock in order to switch to your normal keyboard.

Problem is the mapping is all weird in the INPUT when I do this, it's all LETTERS, numbers and KEYBOARD keys instead of directions...I figured out in space invaders K was LEFT, L was RIGHT....and F was fire....but the other games....no idea...such a mess.

Edited by cleverest

yeah I was only telling you how to use the tab key to get into the settings how you configure the keyboards themselves no clue that's part of one of the reasons I don't emulate old computer systems and just stick to the console stuff

• Like 1