LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and Retroarch

paulwillingham

You must of been using quite a old retroarch as this changed a while ago. It's now in the quick menu when you have a specific core loaded, so you load the core you wan't to edit make all your changes then go to the quick menu, and at the bottom will be a save core override and a save game override, just select the appropriate option and it will auto load next time you load that core.

That's a tricky one, i have the same problem and just ended using a megadrive border for both those systems. The only way i can think of off hand is to have a second Retroarch on your system, it would need to be named slightly different like Retroarch 2 or something and use that install for the other platform.

20 hours ago, paulwillingham said:

i wonder if you can help me further. tyring to set up genesis/master system but since they use the same core how do i have a different onscreen overlay for each?

Here's how i did it.

Create 2 cfgs. One for Genesis and one for Master System. Make sure there are no spaces in the name. Lets say "Genesis.cfg" and Master_System.cfg" Put them in the root config folder of RetroArch.

Copy the contents of the main RetroArch.cfg and paste them in both new cfgs. Then manually make the changes you want for each cfg individually. Every option should be available there.

Then open Launchbox and edit your RetroArch emulator. For both Genesis and Master System you should have something like this in the parameters window:

-L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll"

In order to have different options for each system just make it look like this:

-L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" -c config\Genesis.cfg

-L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" -c config\Master_System.cfg

Each one matching the correct system obviously.

Now you should be able to load those cfgs individually every time you run these systems through Launchbox. This way i managed to use different shaders for Game Boy and Game Boy color using Gambatte as the core for both.

Edited by Imgema