LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame control question

KevinP

Hi all,

I just downloaded BigBox and am working on getting Mame going properly.When I hit Tab to configure Mame controls, under General the commands for player 1 are grayed out. But I can configure them for each individual game. Any idea what's up with that? 

I don't think it's relevant but I'm using this controller: http://www.recroommasters.com/Xtension_Two_Player_Control_Board_Emulator_Edition_p/rm-xt-sd-board-ee.htm

That is very strange that the controls are grayed out in the general settings and not in the machine settings.

Are you using RocketLauncher or some other software that might interfere with you joystick ? It's been a while but I seem to recall something with RocketLauncher where it had its own mame.ini file that could get in the way of configuring it. I could be remembering wrong though, it has been nearly 2 years since using it and I haven't looked at it since then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

That is very strange that the controls are grayed out in the general settings and not in the machine settings.

Are you using RocketLauncher or some other software that might interfere with you joystick ? It's been a while but I seem to recall something with RocketLauncher where it had its own mame.ini file that could get in the way of configuring it. I could be remembering wrong though, it has been nearly 2 years since using it and I haven't looked at it since then.

As @lordmonkus said that is a strange one. Have you tried deleting the Default controls .cfg and opening mame again, is it still greyed out? The config is in mame/cfg and is simply named default.cfg.

• Like 1