LaunchBox Community Forums

UPDATED TO THE LATEST BETA NOW GAMES HAVE DISSAPEARED AGAIN.

Robin55

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hmm, well i just dropped your xml into my data folder and it shows for me??

Screenshot (319).png

I don't understand that....Defiantly not showing up for me, without doubt. I just checked again under all games. It's just not there? Any other idea??? I really don't understand why this keeps happening and why when I reinstalled an official version before it fixed the problem, but the official version no longer fixes it since I reinstalled windows....

Just now, Levo_Stone said:

I don't understand that....Defiantly not showing up for me, without doubt. I just checked again under all games. It's just not there? Any other idea??? I really don't understand why this keeps happening and why when I reinstalled an official version before it fixed the problem, but the official version no longer fixes it since I reinstalled windows....

I am honestly at a loss for ideas now, as you can see it shows just fine on my system, in fact i just scraped it and closed then re-opened launchbox and it is still there. I can only assume it is specific to your system somehow, and that will be a absolute pain in the arse to try and troubleshoot unfortunately. 

Screenshot (320).png

1 minute ago, Levo_Stone said:

The weird thing is the game shows up in BigBox....Just checked twice and its there....This is damn annoying anyway thanks for your time neil9000, I'm going to do a few installs and updates and see if it fixes the problem.

Actually that narrows it down a bit, if it is showing in bigbox but not launchbox then i would expect it to be a launchbox setting somewhere. I can't think of a specific one off the top of my head, but it's in the .xml and it's in bigbox so it imported just fine, just launchbox isn't displaying it for some reason. I'll have a dig around in the options and see if i can turn anything up.

Looks like there's funky stuff going on with the emulator part (which of course should be blank as a Windows game wouldn't be using an emulator) why that would stop it appearing though I don't know as I dropped the xml into my folder like you did neil and it still showed up. But at this point anything is worth a try.

Just now, Belgarath said:

Looks like there's funky stuff going on with the emulator part (which of course should be blank as a Windows game wouldn't be using an emulator) why that would stop it appearing though I don't know as I dropped the xml into my folder like you did neil and it still showed up. But at this point anything is worth a try.

Cool, was just curious as to if you saw a glaring issue in the xml. I'm at a bit of a loss on this one, so any and all help is appreciated. :) 

14 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

That did it!! Well done Belgarath and thanks neil9000 for your time. I'll start adding the rest of my games and hope this problem never happens again it's been driving me nuts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Levo_Stone said:

That did it!! Well done Belgarath and thanks neil9000 for your time. I'll start adding the rest of my games and hope this problem never happens again it's been driving me nuts.

Thank jeebus for @Belgarath, good work fella. :) 

Let us know if you have any other issues, i'm sorta guessing this is somewhat rocket launcher related as i assume you are using that as a emulator in launchbox for your pc games? so maybe it's auto assigning the emulator when its probably not needed if launching through rocket launcher. Quite why that would make the game not appear though is still a bit of a mystery.

Ok so I re-added my games that were missing and updated to the latest beta and removed all old settings I had for PC games in Rocketlauncher and everything is back running fine so far. Really happy to get this problem sorted it had popped up a few times and I'd given permission to folders etc etc with no luck. So thanks everyone for helping getting this sorted!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Levo_Stone said:

Ok so I re-added my games that were missing and updated to the latest beta and removed all old settings I had for PC games in Rocketlauncher and everything is back running fine so far. Really happy to get this problem sorted it had popped up a few times and I'd given permission to folders etc etc with no luck. So thanks everyone for helping getting this sorted!

Lol, i'm so glad we can close the book on this one for now, was starting to do my head in a bit. :) 

Glad you are all good now @Levo_Stone

• Like 1