LaunchBox Community Forums

UPDATED TO THE LATEST BETA NOW GAMES HAVE DISSAPEARED AGAIN.

Robin55

Hi, I have had this problem on my fresh installation of Windows 10, My PC games keep disappearing (it seems to be the latest games I had added) I have them under PC Games because I use RocketLauncher. I have checked that my LaunchBox files are not set to read only and all the security settings for all Launchbox files are set to full control. I had this problem before on an older installation of LaunchBox on an older installation of windows 10 and reinstalling and rollback of LaunchBox fixed the problem, That did not work this time. I can't seem to find my missing games anywhere in the Data folder, and searching through Launchbox with the "ALL Games" view does not make them reappear,  and as soon as I add a game it disappears again when I restart launchBox, As far as I know this is only happening with PC games but I am concerned that other games may be missing as I have an extensive library.

Please help! This problem is a real pain.

53 minutes ago, Levo_Stone said:

Hi, I have had this problem on my fresh installation of Windows 10, My PC games keep disappearing (it seems to be the latest games I had added) I have them under PC Games because I use RocketLauncher. I have checked that my LaunchBox files are not set to read only and all the security settings for all Launchbox files are set to full control. I had this problem before on an older installation of LaunchBox on an older installation of windows 10 and reinstalling and rollback of LaunchBox fixed the problem, That did not work this time. I can't seem to find my missing games anywhere in the Data folder, and searching through Launchbox with the "ALL Games" view does not make them reappear,  and as soon as I add a game it disappears again when I restart launchBox, As far as I know this is only happening with PC games but I am concerned that other games may be missing as I have an extensive library.

Please help! This problem is a real pain.

Strange one, i would hazard a guess that if there is no Windows.xml in the Launchbox/Data/Platforms folder then the games were not even imported in the fist place, hence they are not showing. Can you double check your launchbox/data/platforms folder to make sure there is if or not there is a Windows.xml.

• Like 1

Yes I found it strange that there is no windows XML, But before I updated All my games were showing up fine. Yes I did assign them the Platform category PC Games and that category is available from the drop down menu with the "scrap as" set to windows. but as soon as I exit LaunchBox and restart the games are gone again. Weird.

Under manage platform the PCgames category set to computers. I also just added a game and I could see that the platform game number changed from 79 games to 80, but again when I restarted LaunchBox the game was gone and and the platform game number had changed back to 79....

Ok i'm confused, the date and time on your PC Games.xml is from about a hour and a half ago, which is i assume when you added the 80th game that disappeared after the launchbox restart. So it looks like the .xml saved when you added the new game so i don't get why it's not in your collection. Have you opened the .xml and looked for the game you added? Is it there or missing?

22 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Ok i'm confused, the date and time on your PC Games.xml is from about a hour and a half ago, which is i assume when you added the 80th game that disappeared after the launchbox restart. So it looks like the .xml saved when you added the new game so i don't get why it's not in your collection. Have you opened the .xml and looked for the game you added? Is it there or missing?

Yes it's there in the XML but its still not showing up in Launchbox. I'll attach the XML, the game is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

PC Games.xml