LaunchBox Community Forums

Some More Questions

CalaveraX

Hi guys, 

As i get more into mame roms i have more and more questions :(

I'm downloading the split romset for MAME 0.189, and i realized it doesnt have the CHD files.

In pleasure torrents, there's only one CHD package listed, but it says "Merged" this CHD package should work with my split romset?

And another doubt is about the file "hapyfsh2.zip" that is on bot Romsets 0.189 Merged and Split. 

What is that file? it has 3.10GB and it doesnt list under Games, i'm a little confused, Googled it but didnt find anything about that.

And Finally Any recommended Method to cleanup my Split Romset? i dont like having clones, botlegs and all the stuff, just want to have original games and that's all.

Thanks in Advance!

CHD only come merged and will work fine with the split set. 

Don't know what the hapyfsh2.zip is but a google search turned up it is some kind of 32-in-1 rom that was recently dropped into .182 and.189 cannot really tell as the searches did not bring up to much more. 

The clean up question some of the more expert members might be able to help. I do know the launchbox import has a bunch of checks you can use to keep out fruit, mahjong, clones, and such. It does not delete them, it just does not import them into the frontend. I like to keep the full set as many times I come across new games I want to add. 

Edited by Retro808
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Retro808 said:

CHD only come merged and will work fine with the split set. 

Don't know what the hapyfsh2.zip is but a google search turned up it is some kind of 32-in-1 rom that was recently dropped into .182 and.189 cannot really tell as the searches did not bring up to much more. 

The clean up question some of the more expert members might be able to help. I do know the launchbox import has a bunch of checks you can use to keep out fruit, mahjong, clones, and such. It does not delete them, it just does not import them into the frontend. I like to keep the full set as many times I come across new games I want to add. 

To add to this, RomCenter is a great tool to use to clean up your Mame rom sets. You can quickly edit out all the garbage. Some clones are worth keeping in for example the 2 Player version of the Konami arcade games that are normally 4 player, like TMNT, Sunset Riders etc.

Here is a list of clones worth keeping, to your own judgement of course. 

Edited by keltoigael
  • Thanks 1

Other clones worth keeping are those with non-working parents. For example, the game Alligator Hunt where the parent is protected but both clones are fully playable.

By the way hapyfsh2.zip is a "compilation" of well known arcade games. A dump of the Happy Fish JAMMA Pcb (302 games on 1 board), it currently doesn't work in MAME.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Guys!

Im thinking about throwing that romset away.... like 30k games, 15k not working, 10k clones, the other games lots not working... its a mess...

Im thinking about start hand picking Good Games, sadly its a loooooooooooooooot of work... but well.. someone has to do it, right? hahah

1 hour ago, CalaveraX said:

Thanks Guys!

Im thinking about throwing that romset away.... like 30k games, 15k not working, 10k clones, the other games lots not working... its a mess...

Im thinking about start hand picking Good Games, sadly its a loooooooooooooooot of work... but well.. someone has to do it, right? hahah

It is worth the work though. I have my set down to just about 300 good, all play able games.