LaunchBox Community Forums

Current Setup, Going for Perfection

zetec-s-joe

Just showing off the new setup so far, going for as clean and simple as possible whilst looking classy on a big tv with a couple of Xbox One Bluetooth Controllers,

Theme is Fundamental by Grila
Cinematic Videos by James Baker
SNK NGP Cinematic Videos by RetroHumanoid

Thanks for the hard work guys, looks great!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Thanks :D  just makes it easier when scraping games, only need the Clear Logo, Video and release date.

Pretty much what i do as well , then hide all my gamea without clear logo's.... if there was a couple different kinds of arcade style fonts for missing clear logos that would be cool, wouldn't have to hide so many games then.

• Like 1

It would be even cleaner if you didn't use the clear logos or "wheel buttons". I just use the plain text wheel lists, that way you don't have anything sticking out like a sore thumb because of missing art and I don't have to worry about tracking down or making art for games that don't have it like rom hacks.

Just my personal preference and taste though of course :)

2017-09-08 17_05_08-LaunchBox Big Box.png

2017-09-08 17_06_01-LaunchBox Big Box.png

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

It would be even cleaner if you didn't use the clear logos or "wheel buttons". I just use the plain text wheel lists, that way you don't have anything sticking out like a sore thumb because of missing art and I don't have to worry about tracking down or making art for games that don't have it like rom hacks.

Just my personal preference and taste though of course :)

2017-09-08 17_05_08-LaunchBox Big Box.png

2017-09-08 17_06_01-LaunchBox Big Box.png

Yea i do this if a systems roms are missing alot of clear logo's or artwork but if a system is only missing a few here n there i just go thru n hide them.

This is a good idea, but because I personally dont like looking at messy game info t my screen would look blankl But the hide games with missing art/videos is a good idea! Currently I use the LAtest HyperSpin ROM Set, then remove all Japan/Translations/Hacks etc just leaving USA/Europe, for most sets this will leave me with all clear logos and MP4's

3 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

This is a good idea, but because I personally dont like looking at messy game info t my screen would look blankl But the hide games with missing art/videos is a good idea! Currently I use the LAtest HyperSpin ROM Set, then remove all Japan/Translations/Hacks etc just leaving USA/Europe, for most sets this will leave me with all clear logos and MP4's

Yea and then when you want to see all your games just go into your options and tick " show hidden games".  My mate likes to google weird and obscure Japanese games to see if i have them, at first glance if i dont have it i unhide my games and most times its there, dam there are some weird Japanese titles lol.

22 minutes ago, Mute64 said:

Yea and then when you want to see all your games just go into your options and tick " show hidden games".  My mate likes to google weird and obscure Japanese games to see if i have them, at first glance if i dont have it i unhide my games and most times its there, dam there are some weird Japanese titles lol.

Haha, this is true, we all have that one friend that will question us having "Every Game" xD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/9/2017 at 12:00 AM, zetec-s-joe said:

Just showing off the new setup so far, going for as clean and simple as possible whilst looking classy on a big tv with a couple of Xbox One Bluetooth Controllers,

Theme is Fundamental by Grila
Cinematic Videos by James Baker
SNK NGP Cinematic Videos by RetroHumanoid

Thanks for the hard work guys, looks great!

it's beautiful, congratulations