LaunchBox Community Forums

New stuttering trouble with 7.11

ckp

Since upgrading to 7.11, I've noticed my platform wheel scrolling with my default BB theme stutters sometimes. And sometimes it even freezes up everything for about 30 seconds where I can't navigate, select, or anything. I didn't hit this problem when using 7.10 on this system.

Win 10 Pro Creators (recently installed clean). LB 7.11. i5 2500k, 8GB RAM, SSD OS drive. 5TB internal sata 3 drive. Nvidia 1050 Ti. Two wired xbox 360 controllers. One Logitech wireless keyboard/trackpad.

Edit: also all my images have been fully cached for a while, so it's not caused by any image caching I think.

Edited by ckp
  • Like 1

update: it got quite a bit better after i disabled BB setting Mouse->'enable mouse' and Controller->'use all controllers'
but it still has a minor stutter if you stop on a platform and let the video barely start to play and then try to change platform again
but at least its much better than before

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 1:59 PM, ckp said:

Since upgrading to 7.11, I've noticed my platform wheel scrolling with my default BB theme stutters sometimes. And sometimes it even freezes up everything for about 30 seconds where I can't navigate, select, or anything. I didn't hit this problem when using 7.10 on this system.

Win 10 Pro Creators (recently installed clean). LB 7.11. i5 2500k, 8GB RAM, SSD OS drive. 5TB internal sata 3 drive. Nvidia 1050 Ti. Two wired xbox 360 controllers. One Logitech wireless keyboard/trackpad.

Edit: also all my images have been fully cached for a while, so it's not caused by any image caching I think.

I'm also having the same issue. To be honest I'd prefer to just revert back to 7.10 as I was very happy with the performance and feature set of that version.

@letstalkaboutdune , did you try this? it helped for me anyway:

update: it got quite a bit better after i disabled BB setting Mouse->'enable mouse' and Controller->'use all controllers'
but it still has a minor stutter if you stop on a platform and let the video barely start to play and then try to change platform again

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ckp said:

@letstalkaboutdune , did you try this? it helped for me anyway:

Hi @ckp, I did not try that before I rolled back but thank you for the suggestion. I'm content with 7.10 for now. 

Edited by letstalkaboutdune