LaunchBox Community Forums

Time Delay Before Data is Usable?

Ruthalas

Is there a delay between when an update to the database is approved, and when it can be accessed by the local client?

Example: Last night I added a handful of titles and images to the database hoping to fill out my library. 
I saw this afternoon that the changes were approved. (awesome!)
But now, as I try to update those games, they still cannot find a match in the database.

The naming should not be an issue, as I named both, and I have opened and closed the local client.

Is there some migration of data or some intentional delay to prevent abuse or something else?
It'd be useful to know as I try to organize my library and contribute to the database.

As it stands it's just a little frustrating.

Edited by Ruthalas
Removed extraneous capitalization.

3 minutes ago, Ruthalas said:

Is there a delay between when an update to the database is approved, and when it can be accessed by the local client?

I believe there is but @Vlansix will probably be the best person to answer this though I am sure others can as well. The way I understand it is that the database approvals go into the update that gets uploaded once per day.

• Like 1