LaunchBox Community Forums

~ Launch With... ~ Option

DrLight79

I originally setup my default emulator as retroarch. But i decided with the issues i have had with some of the emulations to just go with independent emulators for my systems...(ex: zsnesw).

However when i play an SNES ROM, it defaults to retroarch. I have deselected retroarch in the "Manage Emulator" Menu, but it has not removed it. Once again to still defaults to retroarch.

How do i permanently remove Retroarch from the "Launch With..." Menu.

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Okay if you want to edit your default emulator for the platform go to the platform select a game and then press ctrl+a then press ctrl+e this will open the bulk edit wizard when you get to the form in the wizard with the drop down box type e and choose emulators then change it to your other emulator. Now all of your SNES games will use the other emulator.

To completely remove Retroarch from the launch with menu go to manage emulators choose RetroArch and edit it. Go to the associated platform tab on the form and remove the SNES platform entry.

• Like 1

RGR THAT!...Thank you very much!. Question: As to the 2nd part......

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

To completely remove Retroarch from the launch with menu go to manage emulators choose RetroArch and edit it. Go to the associated platform tab on the form and remove the SNES platform entry.

Is there any way in the future to change this option, so that if you just uncheck the box, that it will remove it from association.? I think this would be useful for allowing some individuals to use the "Launch With.." Menu when they want to more easily.

Not sure if i explained that correctly...ha long day.

Thanks again.

You would have to request that be added. If you are referring to the check box already there in associated platforms for default emulator that only effects the platform when you are importing games so unchecking that has no relevance to what emulator you are currently using and would only auto populate that field if you where to import more ROMs for that platform.