LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 3D Boxes (4885)

Robin55

MAME 3D Boxes (4885)

View File

These are available through Emumovies Sync.

This is a collection of all known official MAME flyers converted to simple 3D Boxes. The idea was to make them look like cardboard boxes. Please note: downloading these files will NOT cover 4885 games as most of the Boxes names are for various different versions of the SAME game. The amount of games covered will depend on what region and MAME roms you have in your LaunchBox setup. 

3D Boxes made from all Launchbox Database Flyers can be downloaded here:

If anyone knows of flyers I am missing could they please send me a link to where I can download them and I will make boxes for them also and add to the collection.  

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Today i added MAME 0.218 Romset to my LaunchBox (12 838 roms/files), however LaunchBox detected 16 975 roms and it didn't make a nice work scrapping neither Boxes, 3D boxes, Carts, 3D Carts, Screenshots, Clear logos, Backgrounds etc...

What suggestion can you can give please?

2 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

Today i added MAME 0.218 Romset to my LaunchBox (12 838 roms/files), however LaunchBox detected 16 975 roms and it didn't make a nice work scrapping neither Boxes, 3D boxes, Carts, 3D Carts, Screenshots, Clear logos, Backgrounds etc...

What suggestion can you can give please?

Use the fullset importer and only import working games and combine clones. Launchbox should import around 2820 roms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Use the fullset importer and only import working games and combine clones. Launchbox should import around 2820 roms.

Can you please tell me more details? what kind of fullset importer? Do you mean from the LaunchBox importer? I selected these options:

Tools -> Import -> MAME Arcade Full Set -> add name -> selected folder -> choose Retroarch -> search for game infor... ->  selected all images -> select all from EmuMovies -> 

Then in the next menu i selected:

-Import clones as additional apps

-region to prioritize (World)

-deselected all "skips"

-selected all: create playlists...

Then the LaunchBox added 16 975 roms/files from my 12 838 roms/files.

Is there a way to import only the roms that are working?

3 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

Can you please tell me more details? what kind of fullset importer? Do you mean from the LaunchBox importer? I selected these options:

Tools -> Import -> MAME Arcade Full Set -> add name -> selected folder -> choose Retroarch -> search for game infor... ->  selected all images -> select all from EmuMovies -> 

-deselected all "skips"

Yes, you leave all those "skips" checked. By unchecking them you added all the nonworking and unnecessary junk. That's why they are checked by default.

1 minute ago, Sanctus said:

-deselected all "skips"

Its because you "-deselected all "skips"" so it imported every single file.You will have thousands that wont work at all, thousands that are not even games, as well as all the bios files, that is why you find no media for them. Leave all the boxes checked, just choose import clones as additional apps, and the region you prefer, leave everything else at there defaults, that will stop non games and non working games being imported.

This is what i do, if you want playlist feel free to select those, i dont want them personally.

image.thumb.png.94c8b462d6a0b69ed197501fcd2f995e.png

What is the best procedure now? Deleting the platform and import again? Is there a way to revert what i've done instead of deleting the platform and maybe having to delete all the videos and images? Sorry for these questions, i am new in this and i'm afraid of doing mistakes again...

2 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

What is the best procedure now? Deleting the platform and import again? Is there a way to revert what i've done instead of deleting the platform and maybe having to delete all the videos and images? Sorry for these questions, i am new in this and i'm afraid of doing mistakes again...

Just delete the platform an import again, it will keep all your images/videos, so uncheck all of those and what you have will still work after. (Make sure you leave the search for metadata box checked though, you need that, just uncheck all the images and video options).

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

With the options you guys gave me, now it imported 2 971 roms :) Thanks!! I am using the Retroarch-MAME2016 core. Do you recommend any other core? 

12 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

With the options you guys gave me, now it imported 2 971 roms :) Thanks!! I am using the Retroarch-MAME2016 core. Do you recommend any other core? 

You said you was using a 0.218 set? If so use the core just called mame, thats the current one and updated every month alongside the roms.

• Like 1