LaunchBox Community Forums

Use Xbox Controller Triggers

Snacuum

• 5 months later...

So in BigBox, the left analog stick and dpad both move the menu selectors in menus up and down, but I can't remap them? So basically, you either need a custom arcade type controller setup or have to use a keyboard? And no 2 button control either like RetroArch can do? (Hold "select" and "B" for some action). The triggers and the big XBox middle button can't be mapped which is odd as long as this software has been around.

7 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

So in BigBox, the left analog stick and dpad both move the menu selectors in menus up and down, but I can't remap them? So basically, you either need a custom arcade type controller setup or have to use a keyboard?

Eh? a controller works just fine for these controls.

8 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

And no 2 button control either like RetroArch can do? (Hold "select" and "B" for some action).

That's called controller automation, and is totally in Launcbox and Bigbox.

What I meant was that I can't re-map keys unless I am willing to lose the functionality. So with up, down, A, B, X and Y taken, I only have left and right analog button press and the left and right shoulder. Oh, and the select and start. So I will have to play with those, but I can't map left and right on the analog or dpad or use the trigger buttons. Odd that Shoulder buttons work, but triggers do not.

As for automation, that seems like  a kludge. There are 2 separate menus and processes for mapping controller buttons? I imagine one is internal and the other uses a 3rd party utility?

So the hold button will let me double up all the buttons I DO have? Hold + Start to exit, Hold + A change theme, Hold + B change view, etc.? And this works during gameplay right? I was worried about this because it would conflict with all my emulators, especially RetroArch, no? RA uses Select + Start to exit the game. [EDIT: I just tried this and it doesn't work. The Hold button can't  be programmed to work inside LB or BB, it only works in games and even then, will only allow you to use a very limited set of functions (4) like close active window and control the sound volume. I want to change views and themes and other LB/BB commands inside those programs. RetroArch does all I need when I am inside a game]

Edited by FlightRisk