LaunchBox Community Forums

Weird performance issue

spectral

I am having a weird performance issue with Bigbox. I am using the default theme with the game list down the left side then the boxart at the top and video under it i. When loading bigbox and then going into a platform as the platform view rises from the bottom it stutters part way up then continues. After that it continues to work fine until I close and reopen bigbox, then it happens again the first time a platform is opened. I have narrowed it down to something to do with images. If I delete a platforms image folder the problem goes away. I haven't been doing any emulation stuff in a while so dont know when this was introduced, it is possible it was since the new fall creators update for win 10. Also this exact problem is present on 2 PC's. Both running windows 10 but massively different in specification. One is an old AMD Phenom II X6 3Ghz,4GB RAM/GTX 560 Ti). The other is a Intel 6700K/16GB RAM/GTX 1070). I would record it but I'm not sure how. I am about to install Windows 7 on the old PC to see if the problem is unique to Windows 10. I would really like to use BB on the more powerful PC too though and using an older OS on that is not an option.

I have tested with 7.11 plus the latest 7.12 Beta. Is there anywhere I can download an older version ?

Edited by spectral

Some people have reported issues with the Creators Update but I haven't experienced any issues with it.

Check in your \Launchbox\Updates\ folder to see if there is a backup 7.11 installer. If there is nothing there the 7.11 installer should still be the one downloaded from the website since that only has official non beta releases.

I have tested 7.11 aswell as the lastest 7.12 beta, the same thing happens with both. I was going to try and test even older versions but I no longer have the installer for those. This definitely wasn't happening when I first got LB/BB but I cant for the life of me remember which version of Win 10 I was on at the time. Its also only happening in BB, LB isn't having any problem with the images present. With the images removed BB goes back to being silky smooth.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with the full screen optimization thing. I installed 7.10 and the problem was there too. I disabled the fullscreen optimization and it seems to have fixed it. Although I wont know for sure until I update back to a current build and import more than the handful of games I was testing with. I guess I may have just installed windows 7 on the older PC for nothing. Although considering all its going to be used for is KODI and LB/BB I may just keep 7 on it, it may run better than with 10.

Nope this PC is using a GTX 1070, the integrated graphics are disabled in the BIOS. I have found something else while messing. It seems linked to certain transitions. So far it seems to be vertical based ones. I changed it from vertical to fade and that works fine.

It's not just vertical, its any transition where the whole game list moves, vertical slides, door,etc. It also seems to be only the game list. The image, video and game details all seem to be smooth with any transition.

Edited by spectral