LaunchBox Community Forums

Reset Big Box Keyboard Mapping?

GunerX

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Maybe that's controller buttons exclusively then to clear,  I never bothered with any of the keyboard buttons as bigbox is for a controller couch use for me.

while i do agree that Big Box is ment to be played on a big screen TV while relaxing on a couch and with a controller, the intial setup process should definetly be done on a PC with a mouse and keyboard

i am still in the setup phase (also in the holy crap why can everyone else get this to work and I cant phase) 

1 minute ago, GunerX said:

while i do agree that Big Box is ment to be played on a big screen TV while relaxing on a couch and with a controller, the intial setup process should definetly be done on a PC with a mouse and keyboard

Agreed, but I stopped "setting up" a long time ago, I occasionally add a new system, but it is so streamlined these day's that it is a few clicks of the mouse and it's done.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Agreed, but I stopped "setting up" a long time ago, I occasionally add a new system, but it is so streamlined these day's that it is a few clicks of the mouse and it's done.

how??? like...srsly...how? there really needs to be better tutorials / how to guides for this. im finding it to be an excersize in frustration getting everything setup, adding new games, getting it to look good, etc etc.

nothing but bug after bug after bug.

and no one seems to have a clue why this is happening to (apparently) only me.

90% of themes dont work right for me, hell even the default theme doesnt work the way it should (or atleast the way ive seen others do it)

and I just dont get it.

Tutorials for what exactly ? There are many of them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA/videos

3 minutes ago, GunerX said:

nothing but bug after bug after bug

What bugs ? Please don't confuse user inexperience and learning curve for bugs.

I would just suggest taking things one step at a time. Start with some basic emulators and games, 8-16 cart based consoles are the easiest. Stuff with bios and CD images are more complicated. Worry about themes and views per platform later on once you got your systems and games.

Soon you will find things make more sense as you get used to how everything works. Trying to do too much at once is always a recipe for problems and you won't know where something went wrong.

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

Tutorials for what exactly ? There are many of them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA/videos

What bugs ? Please don't confuse user inexperience and learning curve for bugs.

I would just suggest taking things one step at a time. Start with some basic emulators and games, 8-16 cart based consoles are the easiest. Stuff with bios and CD images are more complicated. Worry about themes and views per platform later on once you got your systems and games.

Soon you will find things make more sense as you get used to how everything works. Trying to do too much at once is always a recipe for problems and you won't know where something went wrong.

Bug

Bug (even if he doesnt want to admit that it is, it is)

Bug(s) (did lots of testing with new beta versions that they gave me, didnt fix it)

And there are more, but I got tired of posting since no one seems to think these "issues" are "issues".

Its not an issue of "user inexperience", I have tried and tried and tried many different things (even switching over to the Beta in the vain hopes it would solve my problems), I've googled and googled, I've asked for help on these forums, most of the "bugs" that are being disregarded are still issues that I am having after almost a month now with Launchbox/Big Box.