LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME clone games won't appear as additional apps if the name of the clone is different from the name of the parent.

spark_plug

Hi, I imported a MAME set of splitted roms on launchbox. When importing I used theses options:

• Combine ROMs Matching titles into a single game.

• Force using MAME metadata

• Import all clones

After the importation, all the clone games who had a name different from the parent didn't show up as additional apps of the parent game.

For example, the Japanese version of "Street Fighter Alpha 3" is called "Street Fighter Zero 3" and don't show up in the list of alternate versions to play. I attached a screenshot for details.

These clones games are also not registered as a different game and don't appear anywhere in launchbox.

I also want to mention that it's not a problem of roms not detected by Launchbox because when imported without the option "Combine ROMs Matching titles into a single game", they all show up just fine as different entries.

This problem only happens for mame roms. Console roms are OK.

I already posted this message on bitbucket but I wanted to know if other people had the same problem or if there was a workaround.

Thanks.

missing-games.jpg

missing-games2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...