LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with PC games Installet on my hard drive

nikemachu

Good days,

I have a problem import my PC Games installed on my computer. The wizard only search 6 games to 100 games that i'm installed on my computer. I can't put a folder to search the games, and the wizard only search 6 games. 

I try to Create lnk for the games indivudual and put in Desktop, unit C:\Documents\PC Games and in other unit. The program only find 6 games. 

Please I need add more that 100 games and I don't want add one by one. Could you say me if the laucnhbox it can import games to Database file xml, similar that hyperspin or attract mode?

I'm waiting you reply and thank you so much 

The best method is to create a folder and make shortcuts to your PC games and put them in the folder. This becomes you r"roms" folder which you just simply import into Launchbox and the first popup box when importing you will see 3 options, pick the "none of the above" and then pick Windows as the platform.

22 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

The best method is to create a folder and make shortcuts to your PC games and put them in the folder. This becomes you r"roms" folder which you just simply import into Launchbox and the first popup box when importing you will see 3 options, pick the "none of the above" and then pick Windows as the platform.

I put my shortcuts into C:\PC GAMES then i go to import(4 options: games MS-DOS, Files Roms, Steam and windows). I choose files Roms, and un the first windows i choose mayor directory C:\PC Games. After i choose platform windows. And the next step they say me than i need choose a emulator, with three options(only add options posible). And when i choose this options, show me name of emulator and a lot of differents options, but always for emulators, i don't see any option to don't put emulator and go the next step.

I need help please!

Thank you so much!

11 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Just drag the folder with the shortcuts directly into LB, then it'll show the import wizard. Choose the bottom option that says "none of the above".

I try drag muy pc games to launch box and it's imposible. Launch box show me and icon than this is not posible.

Could you someone have a little vídeo tutorial(or screenshots) My launchbox is in spanish language and i think that this isn't the problem.

Example with directory with shorcuts, please you.

Thank you so much

11 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I saw this vídeo but i ask about add al Gales at the sale timé, no one by one because you see this in the vídeo.

Similar than steam or windows import, but for the games that launchbox don't detect than they are installed on windows.

I'm waiting any solution and thank you so much

Ohhhhh i'm happy, you are on truth! This was my problem! I opened LB within administrator privilegies and i could add my directory with drag into LB screen.

Now when i search information, i don't found vídeo.Could you say if someone know a form to import steam vídeos to pcgames directory automatic?

Thank you so much