LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Option

Kmetz7547

Ok, I have paid for Bigbox and love the option to change it to move from one monitor to the next .. (works great)

heres the problem though, when i load a game, big box loads game to start, but the emulator bigbox is assigned to use, opens up on different monitor which in my case makes the option useless... 

any workarounds for this?

Thanks Guys

That is emulator dependent. You set Bigbox to open on the other monitor and it does. If you want emulators to open on the other monitor also then you need to specify that in the emulator. Of course this will fix it to that monitor all the time, until you change it back. Unfortunately this is a emulator issue really, the way I deal with it is I just mirror my desktop to two displays.

RetroArch - there is a monitor index in the video settings and you can use that to control which monitor it uses.

MAME - Display can be set in the ini file under OSD per-Window Video Option you want to change screen from auto to \\.\DISPLAY2 (must use all caps in DISPLAY for some reason)

Demul - Moving the Window to the 2nd screen and closing it will have it open on that monitor the next time in my experience.

Not sure about other emulators as I've only needed to do this on a few systems for certain scenarios but like @neil9000 stated this will all be controlled by the emulator and not by LB/BB