LaunchBox Community Forums

Autohotkey: Wait for a keypress before starting an emulator

luischaidezv

Hi,

I want to avoid an emulator to be opened until I press a key.

There are many threads talking about closing the emulator with some key (for example esc key), but I haven't seen any topic related to doing the opposite, this means, waiting for a key and once pressed then launch the emulator.

I don't know if this may be possible because what I can see is that launchbox launches both the emulator and the ahk script at the same time.

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I would think you could replace the reference to the actual emulator with a batch file that first waits for a keypress, then starts the emulator. I know others have used batch files for other things similar to this.

Launchbox already have the full emulator command we need to execute, it will be much easier if launchbox give a way to execute an ahk script prior to launching emulator, to allow the user to launch the emulator, so in a hotkey I can execute something like: "Run, {{{Emulator_full_command}}}"

Is there a way to place feature requests?