LaunchBox Community Forums

metadata is not updated

thenecrocoffe

well I have the version of launch box 1.7.14 and I have a problem the metadata of the database is not updated when I give it the task of updating metadata and images and when I do it manually they are not updated either but if I go to the page of the data of the game in gamesdb are the metadata that is missing in the video game

Hey guys, I'll need a lot more details in order to troubleshoot this, including specific games and what fields are missing or not updated. I can't figure out any issues unless I have specific information there.

It's also important to note that LaunchBox will download updated information from the games database only once a day, so you don't always get the very latest changes when downloading metadata.

• Thanks 1

umm okay what happens is that everything that happens happens is that I download the latest update of the database and when I want to update the metadata of games that lack things like developer release date and that but not what updates and I add the missing data and they were already accepted but it does not happen with a specific game happens with all and all the data. the only solution I found was to reinstall every time I launched the launch box

I hope the problem can be solved

On 29/11/2017 at 7:41 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hey guys, I'll need a lot more details in order to troubleshoot this, including specific games and what fields are missing or not updated. I can't figure out any issues unless I have specific information there.

It's also important to note that LaunchBox will download updated information from the games database only once a day, so you don't always get the very latest changes when downloading metadata.

Example, New Windows Game , 
Metadata update is very slow