LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame in launchbox

mylkman

I was wondering in launchbox or big box is there a way to call different cores without having to change them in retroarch before playing?  If so, how do I set that up?

Also, is there a way when exiting out of Big box or launchbox that the Mame window doesn't pop open after exiting the game?

3 minutes ago, mylkman said:

I was wondering in launchbox or big box is there a way to call different cores without having to change them in retroarch before playing?

You can set individual cores on a per game basis if you edit the game and use a custom command line parameter to load the core you want.

4 minutes ago, mylkman said:

Also, is there a way when exiting out of Big box or launchbox that the Mame window doesn't pop open after exiting the game?

Mae should't be showing after exiting your game. Maybe take a look at this tutorial video and see if you did something different in your setup.

OK  I think maybe it was a glitch.  I couldn't replicate the issue again with 5 games I tried.  Maybe it was a mame program on one of the games that caused that.  Of course I wont be able to find it.  LOL

Still trying to figure out how to set up parameters for each core in retroarch.  I figured out how to call a Mame program in a game and it worked beautifully.  I think I would call a a core in retroarch by selecting retroarch n the edit and then in the custom command line I would write for Arcade -L "cores\mame_libetro.dll" since this is the core I would like to call.  I understand I do not need that on this line because this is how I set it up initially in Launchbox.  If I want to call another core, I would set it up in retroarch by loading core, and then saving configuration name.  Then I would use that config name if I wanted to call another core in retroarch.  This is a bit tricky.  Am I on the right track.  I understand there is a lot more to do with CHD files etc but I'm not getting into that right now.