LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Roms Not recognised full folder?

Bonoscot

Also you do not have 36000 different games, some games have a lot of different versions for example version number and region. So you may have 10-15 versions of the same game in some cases. In those cases Launchbox will combine those games into one entry, if you right click some of the games you will probably see multiple versions of the same game. Also MAME uses a parent child structure so a lot of games rely on another zip as well to actually work, which will bring down the game count also. Also as @Retro808 mentioned if you used those defaults in his image a lot of stuff wont of been imported, like games that don't work, fruit machines, arcade games with no screen so can't be emulated etc.

I have a full MAME romset which I imported and I only have 3717 Arcade games in Launchbox.

Screenshot (163).png

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 8:39 PM, Retro808 said:

Many of those 36k roms are filtered out during import by Launchbox so long as you have the boxes checked. A lot of those roms are junk you probably do not want imported. If you do then uncheck the boxes in the import wizard.

Capture.JPG

How do you get these additional options for MAME games? I can't find them anywhere.

6 hours ago, Typhon said:

I figured it out... I was using 'RocketLauncher' as my emulator, and all of that stuff doesn't come up when you do that. But if you choose MAME as your emulator it does. Thanks for the reply. :)

You can use rocketlauncher if you want, you just need to check the bottom option in this shot of the import wizard to force a MAME import with emulators other than MAME.

Screenshot (189).png

• Like 1