Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

How to update Community Ratings for the first time, and only it...


cleverest
 Share

Recommended Posts

That did nothing...I should have checked to update metadata on missing fields lol...silly me.  Do I also need to have it checked at the start to also 'search Launchbox' database for game info? I'd prefer not to, as I have some fixed/custom written stuff I don't want overwritten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, cleverest said:

That did nothing...I should have checked to update metadata on missing fields lol...silly me.  Do I also need to have it checked at the start to also 'search Launchbox' database for game info? I'd prefer not to, as I have some fixed/custom written stuff I don't want overwritten.

Yes, you'll need to check that box to search the LaunchBox Games Database. Otherwise it won't do anything with the metadata at all. I did fix the bug where titles were being overwritten incorrectly on new game matches though, so nothing should be overwritten at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Wow so that explains a lot...I was getting a few community ratings, but after awhile I wasn't getting as many as I thought I would. But sure enough, I'm downloading metadata on a few games to try it out, and now they have ratings, so I'll have to do all games. I'd assumed being connected to the database within LB would be enough.

How can you make sure your votes are being uploaded? Will syncing to the games database also accomplish this?

BTW...I have to wonder who is doing the ratings...taste is subjective of course but I mean seriously. A rating of 3.17 out of 5 for frikking Gate of Thunder on Turbografx CD? That be some serious hatin'! Game's awesome and everyone knows it! C'mon, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, usuallee76 said:

How can you make sure your votes are being uploaded?

They just upload automatically as long as you have that option enabled in Tools > Options > Search, I believe it's on by default and I am not sure how often it uploads.

45 minutes ago, usuallee76 said:

BTW...I have to wonder who is doing the ratings...taste is subjective of course but I mean seriously. A rating of 3.17 out of 5 for frikking Gate of Thunder on Turbografx CD? That be some serious hatin'! Game's awesome and everyone knows it! C'mon, man.

I'm fairly certain now that the bug where a game with no rating was counted as a 0 star rating bringing the overall rating down has been fixed is just people who have clicked on a star or two and not even noticed it or know it's done. I know when I went through some of my games to rate them I had a bunch that were rated 1 or 2 stars and of course I re-adjusted them to what I really rate them as.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha thank you, went on a bit of a rant there I guess. I think you're right as it wasn't just that game, a lot of games seemed to have a lower rating than common sense would indicate. But yeah it's still really early days so it'll get more and more accurate the more votes that are recorded.

So metadata has to be redownloaded in order to get the ratings then I guess, hence the desire for dedicated buttons? Really cool feature, that's for sure. I just noticed as well that if you sort by star ratings, it will use your own star rating, unless you haven't rated a game in which case it will use the community rating, which is pretty awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, usuallee76 said:

Wow so that explains a lot...I was getting a few community ratings, but after awhile I wasn't getting as many as I thought I would. But sure enough, I'm downloading metadata on a few games to try it out, and now they have ratings, so I'll have to do all games. I'd assumed being connected to the database within LB would be enough.

How can you make sure your votes are being uploaded? Will syncing to the games database also accomplish this?

BTW...I have to wonder who is doing the ratings...taste is subjective of course but I mean seriously. A rating of 3.17 out of 5 for frikking Gate of Thunder on Turbografx CD? That be some serious hatin'! Game's awesome and everyone knows it! C'mon, man.

I agree, some really shitty video game tastes rating some of these games...Must be an overwhelming amount of Gen X'ers doing the ratings...sad....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...