LaunchBox Community Forums

Layout Questions / M.A.M.E. Support / Network Connections

bman34

Hello, I posted some time ago with an Issue I was having with spacing, (Which I somewhat fixed). However I was wondering about a few other things. I've attached an image (Layout.png) which explains what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if it is possible to display the totals of each game game category (I currently have four, MS-DOS, Windows, M.A.M.E., and Playstation) on the left hand status bar of LaunchBox. If not, can these features possibly be implemented in a future release? Also, I have a large M.A.M.E. collection, what is the best way to import? I've added a handful manually, just wondering if there is an easier way? (There are clones, etc. I don't want displayed). On a side note, is it possible to import roms from a networked location. I have a raspberry pi setup (RetroPie-EmulationStation/Retroarch) in my living room, wondering if I could access the rom files through LaunchBox and run them through an emulator on my PC. Or would it be easier to just copy the files over?  

I would also like to wish you the best with your current legal issues, I, like everyone else registered here received your email. (I myself purchased a 1 year premium package, $20 was worth the price!) It's great to have all my games in one place. Before now I had to access my games from various locations, (Steam, Origin, GOG, Emulators, etc.) Anyway thanks again for a great product.

Layout.png

Mame.png

PSX.png

3 minutes ago, bman34 said:

Also, I have a large M.A.M.E. collection, what is the best way to import? I've added a handful manually, just wondering if there is an easier way?

I will only address this part of your post because the rest is all for @Jason Carr to respond to. I suggest importing everything and then during the last screen of the import you will have a screen that looks like this:
5a4d84d2456f7_2017-10-1018_41_06-ImportGamesfromFilesWizard.thumb.png.b5e27337323d62276c58a351e6a82d39.pngHere you can filter out all the stuff you don't want, you should be left with approx 2800ish games imported. Once imported you can then simply remove games if you want or you can organize them further using playlists. If you don't want Launchbox to automatically generate playlists based on certain arcade boards uncheck the bottom option in the screen cap above.

14 minutes ago, bman34 said:

'm wondering if it is possible to display the totals of each game game category (I currently have four, MS-DOS, Windows, M.A.M.E., and Playstation) on the left hand status bar of LaunchBox.

Tools/options/sidebar and check the show counts button,

Screenshot (227).png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bman34 said:

I have a raspberry pi setup (RetroPie-EmulationStation/Retroarch) in my living room, wondering if I could access the rom files through LaunchBox and run them through an emulator on my PC.

retro pi does support samba shares, you can just put \\retropi into a explorer window and it will show your pi folder (in a limited way). So yes you could technically keep your roms there and point launchbox at them, but I wouldn't personally, the bandwidth from the pi is awful (it shares the Ethernet with all the usb ports on a single lane) and cart based system roms are so small you may as well keep them local to your launchbox setup.