LaunchBox Community Forums

game and watch

DaveZ

Wasn't sure were to put this one....  Just wondering as it appears the "set" consists of 60 titles, why is ones such as

popeye and octopus not included with this set. was just comparing an old old folder I recovered with a newly 

aquired set. New had 60 folders as I expected, old had 171. a few were emptied so i deleted though i regret now

as the names may have had significance. but that folder is still sitting at 159.

We need more info, what kind of "set" did you download each time.  FOr instance did you download a tosec set first and then a no-intro set for the new one?  certain set creators have very strict controls.  So if a title is not a full original copy than they won't list it.  It may play but it is not original so they ignore it.

Oh man I couldn't answer that if I tried. The larger folder was downloaded possably 15 or more years ago.

The newer one I am planning on using, which also coincides with the GamesDB page here, I rippped from a beautiful

little piece by MADrigal.

*REMOVED* For anyone looking for reference.

CHEERS

Edited by DaveZ

[A] MADrigal CD collection
All games and a nice graphics interface in a single archive, available for download at the below "Game Collections" section.

» Download - Single Games

Thanks, Way to attack members who are just trying to help!

Edited by Aevans0001

I do not think he was insulting you. If one just reads your post and sees the link it is easy to believe you linked to roms. Your post said you ripped the roms from Mardigal and then you post a link to Madrigal. Even I thought you posted a rom site. Users may not want to click links they are not aware of so it is possible the user did not click the link for that reason.

As to your posted question it is hard to say without knowing where the set came. The one I have has those games you mention and it came from one of the more well known sites.  

34 minutes ago, DaveZ said:

Wasn't sure were to put this one....  Just wondering as it appears the "set" consists of 60 titles, why is ones such as

popeye and octopus not included with this set. was just comparing an old old folder I recovered with a newly 

aquired set. New had 60 folders as I expected, old had 171. a few were emptied so i deleted though i regret now

as the names may have had significance. but that folder is still sitting at 159.

If you're a fan of G&W and the Tiger hand-helds you'll want to keep your eye on the latest MAME release. Old outdated versions won't cut it here.

https://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2017-new-focus/

unless this means they are legal.

» Download and use license

File you're about to download: armorbtl.zip

This application and every included file and document (the "Software") is released under the following license:

1. Binary distributions: "Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives" 4.0 available at:
    https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode
  2. Source codes: "Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike" 4.0 available at:
    https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode

In addition to the constraints set by the CC license, you must respect the following rules:

1. do not offer the Software on a pay-per-play basis.
  2. do not distribute the Software through pre-paid access websites or BBS's.
  3. do not use the Software in publications of any form unless written consent is obtained by the author.
  4. do not distribute the Software through mirror websites, unless written consent is obtained by the author.
  5. do not distribute older versions of the Software through authorized mirror websites after newer ones have been made available by the author.

I am not going to research your game collection, just so I can help you.  I was simply letting you know so you could edit the link.  I don't have game and watch and have no use for it. 

Edited by Aevans0001

10 minutes ago, DaveZ said:

I didn't say I ripped "roms" from his set.... However I do apologize if that is how it was read. But again, 

I stand by what I said, thay are not actually rom files.

Going to have to say that site indeed has roms. I would suggest removing the link you posted. 

Capture1.JPG

Edited by Retro808

I am aware of all the legalities, no need to be so argumentative. We shall agree to disagree as by defenition, the nature of

what is posted there apears to some to be a ROM files but in actuality are not.  

I shake your hand and consider my post closed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DaveZ This community is a very helpful one. We welcome all our members at the same time we do our best as a community to keep that grey area out of the forum. We want to keep this a great site to seek help and to share while not putting it at risk.   

Edited by Retro808

lol but is your question answered all you need to do is edit your post and take out the link.  I see now what you see.  These are not actually the 1:1 copy of these games.  These authors have supposively rewrote the games to look like replicas of the originals.  Why they would name them like they are originals are unknown.  Back to your question, this is why your collection only has that many roms in it.  It is not the actual manufacturers and the games you are missing simply have not been recreated yet.  It still falls within questionable position in regards to this forum and for you to attack me over me trying to help you was ridiculous.  I would suggest you reference the link that was posted above about mame.  These should include the 170 games you are speaking of.

Yes everything makes sense with the numbers/amounts now after the above mamedev link. CHEERS.

@Aevans0001 -  I by no means was attacking you, I was more so defending what I fealt was an attack

at myself. I am prolly old enough to be your father if not grandfather, and know well enough not to 

link to actual ROMS and copyright material. As such it appeared as a stab at me rather than help, as in my

mind I technically posted niether. HOWEVER, mission complete, problem solved, another one bites the

dust, and lets all head back to the bar!  

CHEERS

• Like 1