LaunchBox Community Forums

Box needs to go

FRK

Hi Guys

Have a 6TB install now looking to make it pretty..

I am slowly getting to grips with BigBox Themes... but being a bit older its not as easy as I had hoped.

1st Issue, how do I get rid of this box, some systems have it some don't..

Thanks

Big Box.jpg

There will just be an empty space where the image is supposed to be, I am assuming what you are talking about is the small picture of the Wonderswan in the upper middle of the image you posted.

Just to be safe you could just rename it to something like <filename.jpg.bak

changing the file extension to one that is not a supported image file type will make Launchbox just pretend it's not there.

19 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You can just delete it, it will either be located in:

\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\<platform name>\Banner

or

\LaunchBox\Themes\<theme name>\Images\Platforms\Banner

Dam thing won't go... deleted it, refreshed.. still there... bloody thing... have got to do this to most of my 55 sets.. no luck yet..

Mike

For the game screen boxes (Front Covers and Screenshots) you can run LaunchBox, go to Tools, Options and make sure that all tickboxes in both Box Front Priorities and Screenshot Priorities are disabled.

This will hide them in BigBox and you will still have them in LaunchBox.

7 minutes ago, spycat said:

For the game screen boxes (Front Covers and Screenshots) you can run LaunchBox, go to Tools, Options and make sure that all tickboxes in both Box Front Priorities and Screenshot Priorities are disabled.

This will hide them in BigBox and you will still have them in LaunchBox.

did this, lost them in LB but better than renaming the folders or worse deleting them... I now understand how I have to approach each system not only to get them working but also to make them look good in LB.. Long way to go.. 55 systems brought over from my 4TB HS system (which I did myself) so hope to get more as well..

You're right FRK, for when you refresh the LaunchBox images your box fronts will be gone. I'm blushing here folks.

A workaround (once you've re-enabled the Box Fronts Priorities to restore them in LaunchBox, while leaving the Screenshots Priorities disabled) would be to change the Game Image type in BigBox from Boxes to Screenshots.