LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam Importing

LeeXiuLong

For some reason when I am trying to import my steam games I am getting stuck on the "Please wait while parsing your steam account..."

Some additional information this only happens when I am importing steam games. Windows and roms are fine. However I noticed that when I import windows games and it also has the "parsing files" window it has a loading wheel on  my mouse when i hover over it. However, this does not happen when I am stuck on the same parsing window for steam. So is it not even running a process? Please let me know what I can do I really do enjoy this interface.

I'm just resetting up my launchbox as I had to re-format my ssd, I am having the same issue with the steam import, it has always worked fine before when I have used it. @Jason Carr maybe something has changed with the api? as I can log into steam and play games as usual, but I can not import into Launchbox as like the others it just sits on the parsing account screen.

Same here, upgraded to Launchbox 8 Beta 2 but same deal. Can login to Steam itself fine via the web.

by the looks of the posts here likely needs attention from Devs, anyway to tag them in to this thread?

thanks

Edited by Rjay

2 minutes ago, JTib said:

Same problem here.  I can't import my Steam stuff at all!  I wonder if Steam did some minor rearrangement that made their files go off of LB's grid.
LB still runs existing Steam games though.  So I just have no idea.

Yep, seems like its just the initial importing that has gone AWOL. pass...

Hey guys, same issue here so thanks for looking into this. I'm a new user & just bought Premium last night, can't really do much until the Steam API is working though. Hopefully not too long to get it sorted, would love a beta fix if possible but if not all good =)

Hi guys, I'm new in the forums, I am glad that I found this thread I just waited like an hour for the steam import until I finally gave up, by the way since it looks like everyone is going to be affected by this, will you guys make an announcement like the ones when there is a new version or do we have to go beta right now and then its automatically updated?

And I know this is probably not the best thread to say this but I just wanted to thank you guys for making such a great job with LB :)

• Like 1

Hi @Jason Carr - has this been fixed yet, please?

I have ticked the check for updates/beta and yet no detection of a patch on restart and the Steam import/parse stills seems broken.

Renewed my premium license last night so please update.  If there is a separate URL to download the patch, please advise.

Cheers!

7 minutes ago, Gav78- said:

Hi @Jason Carr - has this been fixed yet, please?

I have ticked the check for updates/beta and yet no detection of a patch on restart and the Steam import/parse stills seems broken.

Renewed my premium license last night so please update.  If there is a separate URL to download the patch, please advise.

Cheers!

I have just opened Launchbox and I was prompted immediately that there was a update, downloading it now, ill post back after I try a import.

Edit: 

Working just fine again. Thanks @Jason Carr. :) 

Screenshot (1).png