LaunchBox Community Forums

Sooooo much time :-/

DaveZ

Has anyone here actually converted their entire PSX set to .pbp

In the process now but man alive is this ever gonna take a long ass time.

Especially since the majority of iso's have multiple bins which need to be

converted to single bin-cue before you can ever start the conversion.....

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh

Edited by DaveZ

.PBP 

It is a single file solution with built in compression for storing your psx iso's in a readily playable

state. And the added bonus of being able to play them directly on you PSP should you happen to own

one with CFW installed. 

Hopefully my description is good. I can reiterate if needed :-)

CHEERS

Edited by DaveZ

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update and something I noticed. I finished for the most part my psp set, and got it all imported and lookin pretty like in LB/BB

So after syncing withe the cloud thing-a-ma bob, I browsed and noticed that several games did not have any art work/box shots, yet I have shots for

my entire collection. In place of the art it does say why not upload, or something to that affect. Honestly I havent even looked into how yet, but seing as 

we must log in anyway, could it not be coded in to allow my to upload right from that empty art-box. I have learned in me old age that if you make things stupidly simple it is more apt to 

get done by people.  And in the long run helping us build our db and complete our db's missing/needed art work, Its crazy late so hope this makes sense? 

CHEERS

Before you do too many make sure the games with multiple bin files actually work properly. I ended leaving those as they are since I couldn't find a way to convert them that didn't cause audio problems in the games. Missing music in Street Fighter Alpha 2 for example.

Edited by spectral

3 minutes ago, DaveZ said:

Do you mean the music in the intro/opening scene?

It seemed to be all background music. The music in the intro was the first sign but iirc the fights had the music missing too.

Pretty much any game I converted from multiple bins had some issue or another. Audio starting early/late, tracks overlapping, music missing completely,etc. If you've found a way to convert them properly I'd like to know how so I can finish off converting my games.

Edited by spectral