LaunchBox Community Forums

video preview problem

Juicebox

8 hours ago, Juicebox said:

ahh that makes sense. i only have the free one. so ill have to upgrade?

The videos are available on the free account from the website only, you get a download limit per day and hugely reduced download speeds though. Paying for it is by far the easiest and fastest way to get them though, its much more convenient to have Launchbox grab them during the import.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The videos are available on the free account from the website only, you get a download limit per day and hugely reduced download speeds though. Paying for it is by far the easiest and fastest way to get them though, its much more convenient to have Launchbox grab them during the import.

oh like i can only download them manually from the site? not through launch box?

Just now, Juicebox said:

oh like i can only download them manually from the site? not through launch box?

Correct. You would have to make sure you name the video the same as the game as it is in Launchbox when you put them in your video folders. By using the feature through Launchbox with a premium Emumovies account LB will take care of that during download. 

If you only have the free account, then yes that is correct. You will also have a GB cap per day and much slower downloads. I also forgot to mention in my previous reply that the ones you can get free from the website are only the low quality 240p versions, if you want the 480p versions you will have to pay. they have multiple payment tiers though, so its up to you.

Just now, Retro808 said:

Correct. You would have to make sure you name the video the same as the game as it is in Launchbox when you put them in your video folders. By using the feature through Launchbox with a premium Emumovies account LB will take care of that during download. 

cool, thanks man

Just now, neil9000 said:

Generally speaking they are already named correctly on the site, I got the whole snes pack originally when I first started using Launchbox, and all the videos attached just fine.

Indeed, but figure I would mention it as I have occasionally downloaded some straight from the FTP and had to fix. 

• Like 1

Just now, Retro808 said:

Indeed, but figure I would mention it as I have occasionally downloaded some straight from the FTP and had to fix. 

Oh agreed, was just saying as long as your roms don't have a really weird naming scheme then most "should" just work. But as you say letting Launchbox handle all of that is by far the better and fastest way to go about it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Instead of creating a specific thread, i'm updating this one:

On a clean Launchbox install, when I launch it (Launchbox, not BigBox), with premium account (emumovies and launchbox), i have no video preview (but my video folders is full of videos) on the right preview column. Is video preview only for bigBox?

1 minute ago, Cristagally said:

Instead of creating a specific thread, i'm updating this one:

On a clean Launchbox install, when I launch it (Launchbox, not BigBox), with premium account (emumovies and launchbox), i have no video preview (but my video folders is full of videos) on the right preview column. Is video preview only for bigBox?

Make sure videos are turned on on Tools/Options/Game details.

image.thumb.png.60c4d4d0b8789e4e5d1ef603c129497c.png

• Thanks 1