LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with RetroArch - Core is not preloading

ghostarcade

Hi all. I've spent the past few hours trying to solve this but to no avail...

I've set up RetroArch to run my Neo Geo games via Big Box. The setup went well and everything works fine except for when I try and launch a game. I get nothing. Instead, I have to  open RetroArch and choose the core. The games work fine, it isn't a bios issue. I can load the games perfectly fine inside RetroArch but I always have to choose a Core beforehand ( I have FB alpha 2012 NeoGeo in my list). The minute I close down RetroArch and re-open, it has forgotten the Core. So i can't launch my games via Launchbox. I know I'm missing something that's glaringly obvious!

Might this be an issue with my Default Command-Line Parameter? I currently have

-L "cores\fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.dll"

I run my games and emulators on a USB 3 SSD external drive (portable version of BigBox). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ghostarcade

Do you have Neo Geo listed in the Associated Platforms tab of Retroarch when you click tools/manage platforms in Launchbox. Also does the name that you gave your Neo Geo platform in LaunchBox exactly match the way it is listed in the associated platforms tab of Retroach in the manage platforms tool. 

I would recommend sharing pics of the Edit emulator screen showing the Emulator details tab and the Associated platforms tab. Easier to see if you are missing something. 

Edited by Retro808

Just now, ghostarcade said:

After reading this thread, I noticed that I have the exact same issues. I'm going to re-install locally. If that fails, I'll just use MAME. Seems I'm not the only one who has came across the same problems.

If your Neo Geo games launch fine directly in RA then it will work in Launchbox. You have a disconnect somewhere. Provide pics as suggested to trouble shoot better. I run all my Neo Geo games in RA with no issues. 

4 minutes ago, oliv said:

Hello, i have the same problem, i am worse than i thought :(

could you explain me how you find the default line parameters for each emulator?

When i associate a plateform it is always empty 

Thanks for all

Olivier

Snes2.jpg.82f6d05e1c03cbd8a9ec6b04f1838413.jpg

If you look at them they are all the same except for the name of the actual core, if you go to your Retroarch/Cores folder you can see them all and how they are named just copy that to the command line, so snes9x core would be                                                    -L "cores/snes9x_libretro.dll" for example.

The default command line you set to the specific core you are using for each system. When you download a core in RA it will save the core file in the cores folder. If you look there you can get the name of the core. Simply use -L "cores/[enter the core name here]_libretro.dll" 

Also make sure how you have the system named in Launchbox matches how the system name is listed in the associated platforms field. 

Edit: Looks like Neil beat me to the punch :D