LaunchBox Community Forums

re-add all my launch box gaes

xsessive182

Hello,

I recently had to format my main hard drive that had my windows installation, luckily  my launch box install were on another hardrive (a spare ssd i have)  and my roms are located on another drive(a 3TB gaming hardrive). since my drive letter changed all my roms are unlinked from launchbox, and i wanted to check if theirs a simple way to back as the only thing that changed was the the drive letter,

now many will initially say just change the drive letter to correspond the old path,but i cant change it to it as the prove drive letter is assigned to an sd card reader built to the machine that cant be changed for some reason

Just now, MrBrac said:

Get notepad++ find all the xml files with location of all your game Ctrl + f and replace old directory with new directory. In my case, my dir is like this I:\retro\Roms\System

or I:\Retro\Emulators. So mimic your old directory and switch it.

No need, just change the path like advised above.