LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox - Select Random Game Feature fixed by "Wheel Spin"

FreeSoftwareServers

Just now, neil9000 said:

WheelGamesView im guessing.

That was my thinking. I put the lines of code into it, but it doesn't seem to respond.  Is it perhaps that this plugin isn't compatible with game lists yet? I'm about to test it with platform list to verify that it works.

Just now, MayorQwert said:

That was my thinking. I put the lines of code into it, but it doesn't seem to respond.  Is it perhaps that this plugin isn't compatible with game lists yet? I'm about to test it with platform list to verify that it works.

When I said im guessing, that wasn't a slight on myself, I was literally guessing. Sounds about right unless for some reason the default view in the default theme  isn't the 1st view in name.

It works with playlists.

For games, WheelGamesView is Vertical Wheel 1 in the options. I assume you put the actual .dll in your LaunchBox\Plugins folder and unblocked it? You can also copy the example theme I included and test it out on PlatformWheel1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grila said:

It works with playlists.

For games, WheelGamesView is Vertical Wheel 1 in the options. I assume you put the actual .dll in your LaunchBox\Plugins folder and unblocked it? You can also copy the example theme I included and test it out on PlatformWheel1.

Yes, I made sure to put it in the plugins folder and unblocked it.  It doesn't do anything with any game views I've tested, and I put it in a few, however I do get this when I tried to edit the 'Platform Wheel 1' with your code:

image.thumb.png.d8513e9ca03839819c6d0b96790d667c.pngThis is in my Playlists section, and happens regardless of what view I'm in and for all items.

Edited by MayorQwert

23 hours ago, MayorQwert said:

Yes, I made sure to put it in the plugins folder and unblocked it.  It doesn't do anything with any game views I've tested, and I put it in a few, however I do get this when I tried to edit the 'Platform Wheel 1' with your code:

image.thumb.png.d8513e9ca03839819c6d0b96790d667c.pngThis is in my Playlists section.

OK, that makes more sense. Try this file...

Overwrite the old one and be sure to unblock it.

Edited by Grila
File removed

OK, please try this file. If this doesn't work something weird is going on. I have it successfully working on 3 different machines now, each with a different LaunchBox install directory. One machine it's on my D:\ drive, one machine it's in my Downloads folder, and my main machine the path is set up similar to yours.

Edited by Grila
File removed