LaunchBox Community Forums

[HELP] Request coding for 4:3 CRT Theme i designed

Jack.

24xzM9ym.png   J75qnqLm.png

Hi everyone, i've designed a 4:3 theme for my arcade cabinet.. but since i don't know how to code it (i tried with visual studio with no results) i figured i would try to ask here if anyone wants to help. I hope you guys like it, i think it would be nice for the community to have more 4:3 themes. The current design is 800x600 but i will be using it with a 640x480 resolution. Here are all the resource files, in the psd files is pretty much all explained and you can see the colors and shadows settings. But i will also give a description here. If something isn't doable let me know and i will adjust things.

ievjLnQm.png   vrVoyFPm.png

1. This is the Favorited games wheel (centered in the grid) if it can contain all the favorited games of the platform would be great. And i would like to access it with the UP key bind.
2. This is the Platform wheel (centered in the grid), i would like it like the Foundamental theme (the selected one bigger and the rest smaller with fade effect) Also i would like it to contain more logos if possible.
3. This is the Recent games wheel (centered in the grid) last 10 recent games would be enough. And i would like to access it with the DOWN key bind.
1 and 3. The front boxes have a shadow effect like this (you can see the shadow settings in the psd files).

hQHKRbpm.png   0OTkVpGm.png

1. This is the Games wheel (centered in the grid), i would like it like the Foundamental theme (the selected one bigger and the rest smaller with fade effect) Also i would like it to contain more logos if possible.
2. This is the game title (centered in the grid), has a gradient color and a shadow effect (you can see the settings in the psd files).
3. This are game information (centered in the grid), White text with shadow effect and overall 45% opacity (you can see the settings in the psd files) And contais tags in this format "Developer - Genre - Year" i don't know if its possible to do it like this, also for the games that have more than one genre tag i would like if it displays only the first one, so if its like Action;Platform it displays only Action same thing for Developer tags.
4. This is the Screenshot - Video (centered in the grid), with shadow effect (you can see the settings in the psd files) and the corners have a 10px radius like this.
5. This is the PlayMode icon (centered in the grid) in the resource files are all the icons.
6. This is the Favorited game icon (centered in the grid) if possible i've put an icon for No-Favorited games aswell, in the resource files are all the icons.
7. This is the Front box (aligned bottom right in the grid) with no shadow effect.

NOTE: in the psd files all shadows are made with OuterGlow effect with Black to make a shadows that spread out in all corners. Like this, and have differents settings and opacity (you can check on the psd files).

If someone is interested in coding this and have questions etc you can either post here or add me on Discord where i'm always online and i can reply right away (Jack#0189) Also if you wanna make it more complete i can do the grapich part. Sorry for my english and thanks.

Edited by Jack.
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Cjax08 said:

Just wondering if anything ever happened with this? I’m searching for a good 4:3 theme for a 25” arcade monitor. 

Wallmachine did the coding here then i did some changes here specifically for 4:3 resolution, i hope this helps you.

1 hour ago, Cjax08 said:

Oh awesome! I’ll have to try this in a little while when I get home and see how it looks and handles. It seems pretty resource friendly and simple. Should be perfect for my cabinet. Thanks! 

I've added some pics of how it looks on my 28inch cabinet.

ArcadeCabinet.png.1c597372714a2be5863f15 ArcadeCabinet2.png.70296c8e5884d5c699fd4

Edited by Jack.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...