LaunchBox Community Forums

pinball/arcade portrait display issue

Capalay

First let me explain my setup. I'm running my main monitor in portrait mode and my 2nd monitor in landscape. I have them stacked on top of each other. This is for visual pinball. I have all my vertical games opening on my playfield monitor and all my horizontal games opening on my backglass monitor. MY problem is i want big box on my backglass monitor. I've used the monitor selection in bigbox options and it is not changeing anything. If i turn off portrait and enter both screens in landscape it works fine, but with portrait enabled it's not adding screen to intended target. The strange thing is if i put it in landscape open big box it goes where it's suppose to go then once it's open i can flip the monitor back to portrait and it works the way i want it to.  I don't know i guess i can use the work around but none the less i think this is a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

@Capalay That's an odd one. We're using Windows' built-in functions for screen management so I have no idea why there would be a problem there (and it's going to be pretty hard to reproduce without your hardware). One thing that might work to try is to change the primary monitor on your setup, if that's possible. You can change that under the Windows display settings. Beyond that, you can try switching up the video outputs on your video card, if that's possible. Lastly, if I had to guess it would most likely be a video card driver issue, so make sure your drivers are 100% up to date. :)

you can also try opening BB and using win shift left or right to move it to your other monitor and then close it from there then it may open there I know that is how LB works it will open on the last monitor you close it on. Changing your primary display will probably do the trick though.

all my drivers are up to date. card is radeon hd6950 2 gb. The shortcut keys did not work with bb but they did work with lb. The option to set my other display as the main works but then it throws off my pinball tables. I do not think this is a driver issue because everything else is working perfectly mame displays games on the right monitors and pinball as well. Only program i've had issues with is BB.  Here is a picture of my settings in windows. You can try it see if it happens on your system. 2 is my primary/portrait monitor 1 is landscape. example.thumb.jpg.937d1bf2c68320d102d711fde1a34111.jpg

Edited by Capalay

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly related to the position you need to set your monitors for visual pinball so the DMDs are on the backglass monitor, etc...

I used a program called DisplayFusion to set up dual monitor profiles that I can switch between with a keyboard shortcut so I can go back and forth between my VPX and various arcade monitor setups, and my normal, single landscape display.

don't think that is it. Thought of it already tried different ways. I'm sure it's a bug not really that big of a deal. i got a work around i might end up just dropping bigbox in the end and running pinballx in the end it looks better for pinball anyways. I own both so not really a big deal.