LaunchBox Community Forums

How to change the options menu to have a transparent background

Special T

When you go tot he options menu and select anything other than "BACK" the right side of the screen will have a black layer behind the text to make it more visible. Is there any way to change the opacity of the black layer to zero to make it transparent? I was looking through the optionsview.xaml file but I couldn't find the option to alter it. 

Also, in the systemview.xaml file is there anyway to move or shrink the text "Licensed to XXXXX | Verion X.X"

Edited by Special T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response but thank you for replying! That solved my issue with the version number I was able to move it up :)

Any idea on how to get the options menu (OptionsView.xaml) to show a transparent background instead of a black solid layer so I can still see the picture while adjusting menu options?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. 

I watched Jason's tutorial vidoes which helped me get an understanding of the basics but it seems there is still a lot I need to learn. Does anyone have any recommendations on a video tutorial series or a website with a lot of information on xaml coding that would be useful for creating a theme?

No problem, glad I could help.

I just recently started working on making a theme about a month ago with no coding knowledge myself besides very basic 2000's era html. The way I've been learning xaml is just using google to search specific terms like how grids work for positioning elements & what a viewbox and dockpanel are. The greatest help has been seeing how other people are coding their themes and changing variables to see what they do. Most of them have comments of what each block of code does.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing what your theme looks like someday.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this has long since been resolved, but is it possible to do something similar, but to the overall background.

Let's say for example I want a simple wheel setup and no animation or wallpapers, just a clear view of my desktop and a windowed version of the launchbox wheel for the consol logos and game titles off to the side. I multi task a lot and I think it would be cool to have the option to monitor other things on my pc as I browse the menus and play.