LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommend a controller?

PadawanAmy

Hey! Anyone able to recommend a decent wireless (bluetooth) controller for windows that i can use with my launchbox.

Mostly using to control PS2/PS/PSP/Gamecube/Wii games.

I looked on amazon and the gamesir one seems to be the best i can find so im thinking of getting a couple of them

3 minutes ago, BenRulez said:

Hey! Anyone able to recommend a decent wireless (bluetooth) controller for windows that i can use with my launchbox.

Mostly using to control PS2/PS/PSP/Gamecube/Wii games.

I looked on amazon and the gamesir one seems to be the best i can find so im thinking of getting a couple of them

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

Just a heads up I have a Gamesir G4S controller and it doesn't work correctly in Dolphin, only the sticks and shoulder buttons are recognised along with the A button, b, y, and x don't work at all.

Here is a thread on the issue.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gamesir-controller-not-working

45 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

Just a heads up I have a Gamesir G4S controller and it doesn't work correctly in Dolphin, only the sticks and shoulder buttons are recognised along with the A button, b, y, and x don't work at all.

Here is a thread on the issue.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gamesir-controller-not-working

Thanks for the heads up, any idea if the fixes in that thread work or not?

4 minutes ago, BenRulez said:

I was also looking at that controller as well as one of the other 8bitdo ones, is it better than the gamesir one?

I really like it personally, it has a great dpad on it which is great for emulation of the older systems, but it looks like you are wanting to emulate systems that mostly used analogue sticks rather than dpad. The sticks on it are good also but its a small controller so the sticks are quite close together so that would be a personal preference thing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shinryu said:

Personally I'd get either the XBOX ONE S controller or DUALSHOCK 4 Controller as they have bluetooth and have more buttons to assign hotkeys like save/load states, fast forward and rewind but if retro nostalgia is what you want mostly and dont care about hotkeys then 8bitdo controllers are perfect.

My 8bitdo is Bluetooth and has the same amount of buttons as the xbox one/PS4 controller.8Bitdo-SF30-Pro-Gamepad-Game-Controller-for-Nintendo-Switch-Windows-mac-Android-Rumble-Vibration-Motion-Controls.thumb.jpg.16005a327040fab56706c74ec4b129be.jpghttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcbazel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Controller/dp/B0787H1KYV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522788561&sr=8-1&keywords=sf30+pro

O

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Oh my apologies. I thought they didn't have them. but aren't the shoulder buttons very close to each other like in an uncomfortable way?

Edited by Shinryu

They are quite close, but as you see in the image R/L are raised and R2/L2 are lowered and also have a curve to them so it actually feels really nice. The only downside is L2/R2 are digital buttons not analog triggers, but they work just fine for emulation, if i'm playing a PC racing game I switch to my XBONE controller though.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

They are quite close, but as you see in the image R/L are raised and R2/L2 are lowered and also have a curve to them so it actually feels really nice. The only downside is L2/R2 are digital buttons not analog triggers, but they work just fine for emulation, if i'm playing a PC racing game I switch to my XBONE controller though.

ah I see. cool stuff. X-D

1 hour ago, Shinryu said:

Personally I'd get either the XBOX ONE S controller or DUALSHOCK 4 Controller as they have bluetooth and have more buttons to assign hotkeys like save/load states, fast forward and rewind but if retro nostalgia is what you want mostly and dont care about hotkeys then 8bitdo controllers are perfect.

I was going to get a xbox one controller but the problem is i want to get at least 2 controllers for multiplayer and with the xbone controllers thats over £100 on controllers

Edited by BenRulez

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...