LaunchBox Community Forums

What controller are you all using for your MAME?

ErickRPG

Do you use a wireless USB for all your games?  Or do you use different controllers for different systems?  I'm looking for recommendations for a good wireless controller that I can just use for everything.  Options could be dualshock 4, xbox one controller, 8bitdo SN30.  What do you like?  Looking for some recommendations!

3 hours ago, harryoke said:

personally i use xbox one controller for ever system , tho i do own dualshock 4/8bitdo & an arcade stick .... oh and a flightstick and a force feedback wheel , but im too lazy to configure it all :D

Same. Xbox One Elite controller for everything. It's the perfect controller. Sure I could hook up all the original controllers and even use the wireless arcade sticks, but the X1 controller is so comfortable and wireless. 

I never use wireless. Last thing I need is to run out of battery power while fighting a boss or in a competitive match and batteries aren't cheap these days either. I use the PDP Xbox One wired controller on Windows 10. Problem with this controller though is that it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get it to run on windows 7. This controller forced me to upgrade to windows 10 in order to use it but windows 10 isn't so bad once you get used to it.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers for every system (they rest on a plug and play deck, so never get out of power), except arcade. For arcade I have two modded Qanba Q1 sticks.

Both 360s and Q1s are set up in every place, so I can choose in case I feel like playing with one instead of the other.