LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not showing mame scanlines

buttermancan

Hello all,

Thanks for the amazing community. I love Launchbox and have used it to get into Arcade games as well as literally everything else. Unfortunately when I load up MAME 1.92 through Launchbox the scanlines and effects applied to the individual games are missing. The bezel art shows up but the aforementioned scanlines and effects are missing. When I load the games directly through MAME everything works perfectly.

If you guys could point me in the right direction in solving this it'd be really appreciated!

Kind regards,

Chris

22 minutes ago, buttermancan said:

Hello all,

Thanks for the amazing community. I love Launchbox and have used it to get into Arcade games as well as literally everything else. Unfortunately when I load up MAME 1.92 through Launchbox the scanlines and effects applied to the individual games are missing. The bezel art shows up but the aforementioned scanlines and effects are missing. When I load the games directly through MAME everything works perfectly.

If you guys could point me in the right direction in solving this it'd be really appreciated!

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi and welcome to the Launchbox community. :) 

Well that's a strange one as Launchbox has nothing to do with the MAME .ini files so it should be no different at all, Launchbox doesn't really know or care about your MAME settings it just passes the game rom to the emulator.

Thank you for your reply neil9000

I'm quite confused and not sure where the problem lies. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue is and ways in which to solve it?

Like I mentioned, when loading the roms directly via mame 1.92 I have scanlines and effects applied along with the relevant arcade cabinet artwork. However when i load the roms through launchbox the scanlines and effects are missing yet i still have the relevant arcade cabinet artwork.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris

Is your mame.ini file in your Mame folder where the exe is located or is it in a sub folder ?

Are you using a shader for your scanlines or an overlay ?

My mame.ini file is in the main Mame folder with the exe and I use HLSL shaders perfectly fine, BGFX shaders work just fine as well. I haven't used an overlay scanline in a very long time so I have no idea if that might be the problem or not.

Thanks again Lordmonkus for your help.

All the arcade games look so much better now with scanlines etc. 

I went back and checked my older version of MAME 0.181a and the ini file was also in a subfolder but that loaded fine. The difference with that version was I did not have any arcade artwork or scanlines or effects etc.

All the best,

Chris